Keyboard Shortcuts

Storm Dragon

Apr 11, 2019, 3:09:50 PM4/11/19
to niceeditor
Hi,

Is there a list of keyboard shortcuts somewhere that explains each key? Some of them I can guess from the file, like the arrow keys, 101-104. Some of the other keys though, like 109, I have no clue what it is.

If there isn't a list, is there some way to do the inverse of Keycode?

Thanks for the help :)
Storm

todd_...@unc.edu

Apr 11, 2019, 4:14:49 PM4/11/19
to niceeditor
There isn't, but there's a way to make one if you don't mind a recompile.
Grab the source from github or a tarball, then go into the src directory and say
   make NE_TEST=1
   ./ne
Immediately quit. DO NOT install the test version, as it disables a bunch on things and generally allows screen updates to go weird. The point of NE_TEST is to allow some torture tests to run unattended, so prompts don't happen, etc. However, the first thing it does after processing your .ne/.keys and .ne/.menus files is it dumps its configuration into a file called ne_test_dump_config. This file contains all the key mappings. Then
   make clean
to get rid of the test versions.