Critical bug in ne Rubout key support.

rrr rrr

May 15, 2019, 3:05:32 PM5/15/19
to niceeditor
There is a bug with ne Rubout key on OS X and some other systems.
Rubout (Backspace key) erases chars like Delete key; ^H works well.

Fix it temporary that way: in the file
~/.ne/.keys
 add this line:

 KEY 7F Backspace

todd_...@unc.edu

May 15, 2019, 3:26:46 PM5/15/19
to niceeditor
See the "Hints and Tips" section of the manual, one of which is
Mac users should turn on “Delete sends CTRL-H” in the Terminal settings.
If you are a Mac user, you need to check the “Delete sends CTRL-H” option in the
‘ Advanced ’ tab of the Terminal application settings.

rrr rrr

May 19, 2019, 1:52:17 PM5/19/19
to niceeditor
Ok. I understood. I checked "Delete sends ^H" in iTerm2 > iTerm2 > Preferences > Keys.
ne now is working okay. Backspace and Delete works as expected:Backspace sends
^H
not
^?
Delete sends HEX
1B5B337E
Rubout still works bad, but bug fixed by:Backspace is Backspace, not Rubout.
Thanks you very much!