Invitation to take part in a short survey: Climate change communications and social learning

Blane Harvey

Feb 1, 2012, 6:44:28 AM2/1/12
to ni...@googlegroups.com, Zachary Patterson

Dear members of the NICCD community,

I would like to invite you to help us with some ongoing research on climate change communication and social learning in the global South.  We would value your inputs through this 9-question survey, the details of which are below.

Survey: Climate Change Communications and Social Learning in the global South

This survey is part of a research project that will provide a review of climate change communications and social learning practices in the global South. Your responses will be used to support the development of a communications and social learning strategy for the Climate Change Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) programme of CGIAR. The research is being led by IDS (UK) and IIED in partnership with Practical Action.

The survey will help us establish the criteria with which we will identify communication and social learning tools and strategies for a database and mapping exercise. It will also inform a discussion paper on the strengths, weaknesses, gaps, and opportunities of existing climate change communications and social learning approaches in the CCAFS context. Your responses are central to our attempt to take stock of an important and frequently-overlooked aspect of our collective efforts at tackling climate change. Thank you for your time and participation.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5MDK2SH

Thank you very much in advance for your contributions!

Blane Harvey – on behalf of the joint IDS-IIED research team

Blane Harvey

Research Fellow

Climate Change Team

Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex

Brighton, United Kingdom

BN1 9RE

Tel: +44 (0) 1273 915831

Fax: +44 (0)1273 621202/691647

Web: www.ids.ac.uk

This message is for the addressee only and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of IDS. Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9RE Tel: +44 (0)1273 606261; Fax: +44 (0)1273 621202 IDS, a charitable company limited by guarantee: Registered Charity No. 306371; Registered in England 877338; VAT No. GB 350 899914