What Is The Max Download Speed For Xbox Series X !EXCLUSIVE!

Sumiko Fagnoni

Jan 25, 2024, 7:08:12 PMJan 25
to niawatpura

In order to keep our testing consistent, we compared the most popular techniques for improving Xbox Series X download speeds to a baseline speed test. Then, we organized those results in order of most to least improvement.

With more than 550% improvement over our baseline test, we found using an Ethernet cord with your Xbox Series X is by far the best method for getting faster download speeds. In comparison, switching to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network is the next-best option for households using the older 2.4 GHz connection. While other tweaks to your Xbox or network are somewhat effective, offering between 2.61% and 21.4% improvement, we discovered these changes mostly depend on individual household factors.

what is the max download speed for xbox series x

Download Filehttps://t.co/xYiTbAqKeh

Once again, much like our baseline Wi-Fi test, we strolled over to the Network menu and ran a speed test after plugging in the Ethernet cord into our AT&T modem and the back of the Xbox Series X. Amazingly, we were able to get a download speed of 875.27 Mbps and an upload speed of 199.14 Mbps. Our test results were astounding: The Xbox Series X is over 550% faster on Ethernet.

While we can all agree these speed test results are exceptional, we took this test one step further to understand the real-world implications of faster Xbox Series X download speeds on your time. We downloaded three games, one small (over 5 GB), one medium (over 25 GB), and one large (over 75 GB), and we compared the download speeds and times for each on both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections.

When testing the Xbox Series X on the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi frequency, we could only get a download speed of 29.70 Mbps and an upload speed of 17.48 Mbps. That means our 5 GHz frequency Wi-Fi was more than five times faster than its 2.4 GHz counterpart in both download and upload speeds.

We took five of the most popular public DNS servers for the Xbox Series X, and we tested them to see if we could see any improvements in download speed. The following table shows these results in descending order of speed:

Google reigned supreme in this test with the best download speed of 192.23 Mbps. Compared to our baseline Wi-Fi test, this DNS change resulted in a 21.4% increase in download speed. However, not all results were as magnificent, as the other four DNS servers we tested only offered moderate increases in download speed.

Perhaps most surprisingly, Cloudflare came in at the bottom of our list. Even though it usually tops the lists when it comes to public DNS endorsements, we would recommend going with the King of Search themselves, Google, for the best internet speed improvements from a DNS server on your Xbox Series X.

We mainly tested the Xbox Series X on the home's second floor, in a living room where this device would usually exist. For this test, we moved the Xbox Series X right beside the AT&T router on the first floor for this test. The speed test results showed a 12.6% increase in download speed from our baseline Wi-Fi test on the second floor at 178.31 Mbps.

Wi-Fi 5 vs. Wi-Fi 6: Despite being the newest next-gen Xbox consoles, neither the Xbox Series X nor the Xbox Series S comes with Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax). Instead, both models come with the older Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) network technology, which means slower speeds (up to 40% slower), higher latency, and shorter functional ranges.

One way to achieve the Open NAT type is to select other alternate ports to the automatic default on the Xbox Series X, as these ports may have more unrestricted access. We tested a variety of these ports to see if there were any effects on our download speeds in the following table:

Forgotten or unused devices are especially problematic for network stability. Even though each device may only use a small amount of bandwidth, over time, this usage adds up and can eat into your Xbox Series X download speeds.

Comparing all the top techniques for improving Xbox Series X download speeds required us to establish a replicable methodology. In this case, we decided to test all techniques against a baseline speed test for our Xbox Series X console. We chose to test our connection via Wi-Fi, as it is the preferred connection format for contemporary gamers. Here are the steps we used to test our connection:

We executed multiple tests to avoid temporal or environmental variability and ensure we gave the baseline Xbox Series X Wi-Fi connection the best result possible. We were able to get a download speed of 158.38 Mbps and an upload speed of 101.59 Mbps. We conducted these tests on the Internet 1000 fiber internet plan from AT&T, which provides symmetrical download and upload speeds up to 1 Gbps (1,000 Mbps).

Also consider the strain that downloading new games and files puts on your internet. If you want to download games on your Xbox Series X as quickly as possible, then faster internet really helps. Internet speed is impacted from a variety of factors, but it ultimately comes from your internet service provider (ISP).

Both Xbox series X and Xbox One include something called a fast resume feature: it allows you to switch quickly between different games. On Xbox Series X, the feature is more advanced and supports switching between multiple games at one time. There are some major updates to Xbox Series X that make the change much easier than on Xbox One.

I have a Nighthawk R8000 router. My Xbox Series X speeds are slow compared to my other devices (phone, computer, etc.). I have my Xbox wired with a Cat6 Ethernet cable. My internet when connected to my Xbox tests at 250 mbps. When I take the ethernet cable out of my Xbox and connect it to my computer I get 550 mbps. Why would my Xbox not be getting the same speed? Dynamic QoS is not enabled.

Its usually because the xbox is testing off a different server and that server isn't saturating it. Games don't take that much bandwidth so even getting 250mbps is way more than will be needed for gaming. The only benefit for faster speeds with that system is the games download quicker.

We've seen it were Xbox and there speed testing services may or may not be the most accurate or reliable. If your wired PC is getting to spec speed thru the router and the Xbox isn't, I would guess that the xbox and there services are the problem. Seen this before with prior xbox consoles. There networking and adapters they use are not that great sometimes. There's was also a problem with the X series xbox ethernet adapters causing network problems when they came out. Not sure if that was ever fully addressed.

I have owned an XR500 for a couple of years now. Never any issues on the multiple systems with a wired connection. Consistently reaching close to advertised speeds, Gigablast service. Anyways I was finally able to purchase a Series X on June 16th. I get home, go through the install and begin to download everything back to the console. First thing I notice is the crazy slow download speeds I max out at maybe 9Mpbs down to 54KB. So I do the standard bandwidth test on console to the Seattle servers and get 8Mbps down and 8Mpbs up no packet loss and 30ms ping. I do a speedtest.net test from the console browser ,local and out-of-state ping is terrible. I test my wireless connection from my laptop and my other Xbox, which is wireless, and get 400Mbps. I read on some other MS forums that there were issues upon the release of the console and other people reported slow speeds, but most posts are old and not much follow up. I also read about the quick-resume feature etc causing issues but the thing is I dont even have any games installed yet so there is nothing to pause. So this what I have done so far:

I have tried changing out the ethernet cable, works just fine on other devices so that is not it. I changed to a wireless connection on the Series X and get 500Mbps so it works just fine wireless. Skipped past the router and direct connection from cable modem to Xbox and get 950Mbps. Now as I was working through the various testing it was getting late so I did one last reboot, disconnected everything, etc and magically around 2am I was getting my normal fast speeds through the wired connection. So fast forward to this morning and its back to around 9Mbps. I go check my other Xbox that is wireless and get started to download a game and was getting 450Mbps. I am not sure what exactly is wrong or what I am doing is incorrect as I did not change any major settings on the router and it appears to only have an issue when connecting to router with a wired connection. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This is one of the posts on the MS boards. I mean there are various other forums topics with a Google search but this relates to my situation. I could not find anything specific on these forums. Some people report there is a flaw with the quick resume function and background games still running etc but in my case I have nothing downloaded yet to play as I go as low as 56kbps for download speeds. There was someone that posted a fix but that was for some provider in the UK and a smarthub feature or whatever specific to their provider.

A few months ago, werevealed Xbox Series X, our fastest, most powerful console ever, designedfor a console generation that has you, the player, at its center. When it is releasedthis holiday season, Xbox Series X will set a new bar for performance, speedand compatibility, all while allowing you to bring your gaming legacy forwardwith you and play thousands of games from four generations.

The next major tenet of the Xbox Series X is speed, whichcan be defined in a large number of different ways. Modern devices have changedour expectations on how quickly you can move between experiences orapplications. Most of us want to be able to instantly jump into an experienceor return right to where we left off. This influenced the team designing thesystem architecture, as they wanted to ensure they enabled gamers to spend moretime playing and less time waiting.

9738318194