3 2 1 Happy Birthday

Sumiko Fagnoni

Jan 21, 2024, 5:00:36 AMJan 21
to niawatpura

"Happy Birthday to You", also known as "Happy Birthday", is a song traditionally sung to celebrate a person's birthday. According to the 1998 Guinness World Records, it is the most recognized song in the English language, followed by "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow". The song's base lyrics have been translated into at least 18 languages.[1] The melody of "Happy Birthday to You" comes from the song "Good Morning to All",[2] which has traditionally been attributed to American sisters Patty and Mildred J. Hill in 1893,[3][4] although the claim that the sisters composed the tune is disputed.[5]

3 2 1 happy birthday

Download Zip https://t.co/92cUJoYS8B

It is traditional, among English-speakers, that at a birthday party, the song "Happy Birthday to You" be sung to the birthday person by the other guests celebrating the birthday, often when presented with a birthday cake. After the song is sung, party guests sometimes add wishes like "and many more!" expressing the hope that the birthday person will enjoy a long life. In the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand, immediately after "Happy Birthday" has been sung, it is traditional for one of the guests to lead with "Hip hip ..." and then for all of the other guests to join in and say "... hooray!"[21] This cheer normally is given three times in a row.

In regions of America and Canada, especially at young children's birthdays, immediately after "Happy Birthday" has been sung, it is not uncommon for the singers segue into "How old are you now? How old are you now? How old are you now, how old are you now?"[22] and then count up: "Are you one? Are you two? Are you ..." until they reach the right age or often, instead of counting, "and many more!" for those who are older.[23][24]

The complete text of "Happy Birthday to You" first appeared in print as the final four lines of Edith Goodyear Alger's poem "Roy's Birthday", published in A Primer of Work and Play, copyrighted by D. C. Heath in 1901, with no reference to the words being sung.[27] The first book including "Happy Birthday" lyrics set to the tune of "Good Morning to All" that bears a date of publication is from 1911 in The Elementary Worker and His Work, but earlier references exist to a song called "Happy Birthday to You", including an article from 1901 in the Inland Educator and Indiana School Journal.[28] In 1924, Robert Coleman included "Good Morning to All" in a songbook with the birthday lyrics as a second verse. Coleman also published "Happy Birthday" in The American Hymnal in 1933. Children's Praise and Worship published the song in 1928, edited by Byers, Byrum, and Koglin.[citation needed]

In the 1987 documentary Eyes on the Prize about the U.S. civil rights movement, there was a birthday party scene in which Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s discouragement began to lift. After its initial release, the film was unavailable for sale or broadcast for many years because of the cost of clearing many copyrights, of which "Happy Birthday to You" was one. Grants in 2005 for copyright clearances[60] allowed PBS to rebroadcast the film.[61]

You can even attach a gift to your Jacquie Lawson online birthday card. Send them a Jacquie Lawson Gift Membership, or any of the items in our Gift Shop, simply by selecting the required option when you email your birthday card.

As of about a week ago I've been getting iOS notifications saying its someone birthday. (I do have a Calendar with birthdays but I have never gotten the notifications before and can't figure out how to turn it off.

Share a story about one of your favorite birthdays. How did you celebrate the day, and what made it special? Did you eat any special foods? What presents did you receive? Are there any unique birthday traditions and customs in your family or culture?

Although everyone has a birthday once a year, the way that we celebrate this day is often different from person to person, from family to family, and from culture to culture. Use the Internet to learn about different birthday traditions from two cultures other than you own and report on how these customs are similar or different than your own

If I'd planned further ahead, I would have done something similarly spectacular, like all of us (and there are even more guest hosts and friends-of-Kottke now) arriving in Vermont to take him on a party train to Montreal. (We need more party trains. We rented a party train -- technically just a private car -- for my wife Karen McGrane's 50th birthday, and it was amazing.) But we will just have to settle for this short solo tribute.

We're lucky that as the fortunes of online advertising for independent sites have waxed and waned, Jason has still found a model that has let him keep doing what he does full-time. And we should celebrate that and keep it going. (It would make an excellent birthday gift.)

But wait! Now that you have eleven synonyms for happy birthday, what will you do about the birthday card? If you need some more help in the writing department, check out a few examples of birthday messages below.

Use these heartfelt birthday wishes to bring a smile to your friends' and family's faces and remind them how much they mean to you. From the lighthearted chuckles of a funny quip to the profound sentiments of a touching verse, there's a wish for every emotion and every person. Whether you're celebrating a dear friend's special day, expressing love to a romantic partner, or playfully teasing someone on social media, this collection of over 200 wishes has got you covered.

Birthdays are the perfect excuse to gush about your friends' best qualities and show your family how much they mean to you. Maybe you already have your gift planned out, and now the only problem is writing the right birthday wishes. Luckily, we've got plenty of ideas for you!

The sense of distance between loved ones can feel even greater on birthdays. Making an effort to wish someone a happy birthday and tell them you're thinking of them can make all the difference. No matter what the reason is that you can't be together, let them know they're in your thoughts from afar.

Here's a collection of religious birthday blessings, Bible verses, and wishes to help you express gratitude to God for a friend or family member on their special day. Use these heartfelt wishes to convey your birthday blessings.

A birthday is the perfect time to tell a friend how much they mean to you and to celebrate them! Use these simple birthday wishes for a friend as a starting point, and personalize further to make your friend feel extra-loved on their birthday.

You spend a significant portion of your life with your colleagues. Brighten their work day with these kind birthday wishes! These simple sentiments are perfect for wishing your coworker or boss a very happy birthday while keeping it professional.

It's so special having a brother - even if they tease you! You're sure to find a fitting message in this collection of funny and heartfelt birthday wishes for brothers to help you write the perfect birthday message or text to your bro.

Maybe your uncle gives the best hugs, tells the best stories, or is quick with a funny joke. Whatever the case, these Happy Birthday messages for your uncle's birthday are perfect for celebrating everything that's unique about him.

Let your wife know all the wonderful things you think about her, by wishing her an amazing birthday! If you can't find the perfect words to celebrate your other half, check out these romantic, sweet, and inspirational birthday wishes for your wife.

Moms truly are everything! If you're searching for the perfect words to convey how special your mom is, explore this collection of cute, inspirational, and funny birthday wishes and messages to help her celebrate her birthday!

Sisters are extra special, so mark their birthday with a cute, inspirational, or funny birthday message. For a personal touch, include a childhood memory with one of these birthday wishes for sisters.

Do you share a close bond with your aunt? Be sure you let her know how wonderful she is and write a super sweet or funny birthday message to your aunt! You're sure to find lots of inspiration with one of our birthday wishes for aunts.

Have you ever received loads of emails, texts, and social media messages wishing you happy birthday, but not been quite sure how to say thank you? Check out our Thank You for the Birthday Wishes page for ideas.

Take a look at our collection of free printable birthday cards in high-quality PDF format that you can print and fold at home. They include some color-in printable cards perfect for kids who want to create a unique birthday card for family and friends.

Looking for a fun birthday craft? Check out these fabulous happy birthday coloring pages in high-quality PDF format to download and print at home for your kids. Including birthday cakes, party balloons, wrapped gifts, cute cats, mermaids, dragons, princesses, clowns, rainbows, and more!

And so, as part of their birthday celebration, Mickey and Minnie visited Chicago on Thursday to attend a special preview of Disney100: The Exhibition, the second stop in the domestic tour presented by the Walt Disney Archives, opening to the public today. Mickey and Minnie will also serve as Grand Marshals in the Magnificent Mile Tree-Lighting Parade today, helping to kick off the holiday season.

This week, America marks Martin Luther King Jr. Day: a national holiday celebrating the life and legacy of the great civil rights leader. As our way of honoring Dr. King, we're telling the story of "Happy Birthday." That would be the version that's often called "the black happy birthday song," the version written and originally performed by Stevie Wonder. It's a tribute to MLK, and it will always be associated with the 15-year effort to designate this national holiday.

While labor unions turned up the political heat, Wonder revisited a song called "Happy Birthday." He wrote the song after he set out to record the traditional birthday song for King, then realized he didn't know the music to that version. Being Stevie Wonder, he decided to just whip up his own birthday song, with lyrics paying tribute to MLK.

f5d0e4f075