Whatever happened Michael Paterson aka The "Highlander" - too much poteen?

Whack all imperialists

Aug 18, 2010, 2:16:44 PM8/18/10
Once or twice the old gobshite raised a giggle.....

Lesley Robertson

Aug 18, 2010, 3:02:51 PM8/18/10

"Whack all imperialists" <seam...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Once or twice the old gobshite raised a giggle.....

Sadly, MacP died at the start of the summer, after an illness.
If you check the scs archive in Google, you'll find the messages
people posted at the time.
Lesley Robertson

conwaycaine

Aug 18, 2010, 3:31:33 PM8/18/10

"Whack all imperialists" <seam...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Once or twice the old gobshite raised a giggle.....

He entertains on a vastly larger scale.
For he now wears the Tartan of God Almighty himsel'.

Feck all sassanaigh

Aug 18, 2010, 4:01:36 PM8/18/10
On Aug 18, 8:02 pm, "Lesley Robertson" <l.a.robert...@tnw.tudelft.nl>
wrote:
> "Whack all imperialists" <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:3f807413-fef0-49f0...@z28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...

> > Once or twice the old gobshite raised a giggle.....
>
> Sadly, MacP died at the start of the summer, after an illness.
> If you check the scs archive in Google, you'll find the messages
> people posted at the time.
> Lesley Robertson

May all his troubles tumble and his cares away

HardySpicer

Aug 18, 2010, 5:15:48 PM8/18/10
On Aug 19, 7:31 am, "conwaycaine" <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "Whack all imperialists" <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:3f807413-fef0-49f0...@z28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...

> > Once or twice the old gobshite raised a giggle.....
>
> He entertains on a vastly larger scale.
> For he now wears the Tartan of God Almighty himsel'.

errr...no.... He is buried beneath the ground like all of us will end
up, or a pile of ashes.

Hardy

Unknown

Aug 18, 2010, 6:03:28 PM8/18/10

Shit didn't know that. Sad.

max.it (the orange cage)

Message has been deleted

Peter Jason

Aug 18, 2010, 6:07:23 PM8/18/10

"Whack all imperialists" <seam...@gmail.com> wrote in
message
> Once or twice the old gobshite raised a giggle.....

Yes, but I fear he was a Comm Unist. (I sunder the word to
negate its malignant aura.)

EX_OWM

Aug 19, 2010, 8:12:35 AM8/19/10

I didn't know that and I'm very sad to hear it; I thought he was just
another one who got fed up with the shite that saturates SCI these days.

conwaycaine

Aug 19, 2010, 1:55:14 PM8/19/10

"HardySpicer" <gyans...@gmail.com> wrote in message

***

In your case, yes.

Whack all imperialists

Aug 21, 2010, 1:46:22 PM8/21/10
On Aug 19, 6:55 pm, "conwaycaine" <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "HardySpicer" <gyansor...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Hardy has already taken to lashes, rashes and sashes as a prelude to
ashes.

My condolences to the family and friends of Michael Paterson - ni
bheidh a leitheid ann aris!

mothed out

Aug 21, 2010, 1:55:44 PM8/21/10
On 18 Aug, 20:02, "Lesley Robertson" <l.a.robert...@tnw.tudelft.nl>
wrote:
> "Whack all imperialists" <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:3f807413-fef0-49f0...@z28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...

> > Once or twice the old gobshite raised a giggle.....
>
> Sadly, MacP died at the start of the summer, after an illness.
> If you check the scs archive in Google, you'll find the messages
> people posted at the time.
> Lesley Robertson

One of the most entertaining writers on Usenet. Will be sadly missed.

Peter Jason

Aug 21, 2010, 8:59:49 PM8/21/10

"mothed out" <mothe...@live.com> wrote in message

One is reminded of the Talleyrand saying, uttered when an
adversary had the effrontery to die, that was "I wonder
what he's plotting..."?

conwaycaine

Aug 22, 2010, 4:41:58 PM8/22/10

"Whack all imperialists" <seam...@gmail.com> wrote in message

***

I know his family would appreciate that.

eugene

Aug 23, 2010, 7:16:51 PM8/23/10

"conwaycaine" <conwa...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Sorry to hear about Highlander. He always bragged about how able he was,
"for an old dude". He and I had some fun here a few years ago, singing songs
about that brave volunteer, redneck Ray! I had missed him and did wonder
about his health a while back. God bless him

--
And in the end
The love you take

Message has been deleted

conwaycaine

Aug 24, 2010, 10:07:27 AM8/24/10

"eugene" <eug...@home.com> wrote in message

>>> errr...no.... He is buried beneath the ground like all of us will end
>>> up, or a pile of ashes.
>>>
>>> ***
>>>
>>> In your case, yes.
>>
>> Hardy has already taken to lashes, rashes and sashes as a prelude to
>> ashes.
>>
>> My condolences to the family and friends of Michael Paterson - ni
>> bheidh a leitheid ann aris!
>>
>> ***
>>
>> I know his family would appreciate that.
>
> Sorry to hear about Highlander. He always bragged about how able he was,
> "for an old dude". He and I had some fun here a few years ago, singing
> songs about that brave volunteer, redneck Ray! I had missed him and did
> wonder about his health a while back. God bless him

Michael had a wicked tongue and did not suffer fools gladly.
And when the Black Rage was not upon him,. an excellent read.
I for one miss the old fart..........................

Lesley Robertson

Aug 24, 2010, 12:20:34 PM8/24/10

"WhiteWolf!@iol.ie" <rayh(removespamblocker> wrote in message

> Some people will miss him more than others... God rest his soul.

I miss him.
I think he'd be highly amused to be the first scs member to achieve 2
tribute threads! One when his death was announced on scs, and once
when sci heard about it.

> Join The Tea Party!

Only if you've got scones with strawberry jam and cream.
;)
Lesley Robertson

Cory Bhreckan

Aug 24, 2010, 1:58:59 PM8/24/10

They've got lots of sour grapes. Does that count?

--
"For the stronger we our houses do build,
The less chance we have of being killed." - William Topaz McGonagall

conwaycaine

Aug 24, 2010, 6:46:18 PM8/24/10

"Lesley Robertson" <l.a.ro...@tnw.tudelft.nl> wrote in message

Here we go with the Scones again..............

Message has been deleted

Ariadne

Sep 1, 2010, 4:42:37 PM9/1/10
wrote:
> "Whack all imperialists" <seamu...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:3f807413-fef0-49f0...@z28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...

> > Once or twice the old gobshite raised a giggle.....
>
> Sadly, MacP died at the start of the summer, after an illness.
> If you check the scs archive in Google, you'll find the messages
> people posted at the time.
> Lesley Robertson

Thank you for that information. I found the thread and read it. I
think he is a very sad loss and that he died too young.

I will never forget his satire on Wotan who pre-deceased him.

RIP, Highlander.

Cory Bhreckan

Sep 1, 2010, 5:30:03 PM9/1/10

He left scs under unfortunate circumstances, he got rather brittle but
told no-one here about what he was facing. Now we know he had every
right to be brittle what with his own mortality staring him in the eye.

Ariadne

Sep 1, 2010, 5:58:04 PM9/1/10

Something to reflect on and probably not
only in bereavement.

It is good that his daughter was in touch and I
hope his family has come some way to terms
with their loss. It's early days.

mothed out

Sep 2, 2010, 5:14:30 AM9/2/10

I agree with all comments. It didn't matter to me if I agreed with his
specific views, I always felt I was 'on his side' because he had great
humanity, infinite humour, and was a really literate, cultured man,
not to mention that he wrote very well. If he insulted someone I
always felt they should feel complimented.
Does anyone know or has anyone written up any information
about his life? I'm a strong believer in privacy in open forums for
the simple reason that the world is full of nutters, twats, and people
you don't around (that's a sad simple reality), but that can probably
safely be relaxed a bit after death?!