The Republic Of Ireland Is Drowning In Debt!

Harry Merrick

Aug 31, 2004, 4:16:05 PM8/31/04
I am sure that the following will cause some interest:

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=n&id=49813

It would appear that all is not nearly so well as McCreavey had us believe!

Is the Republic on the way down the Tubes, busted?

Perhaps that is the real reason for McCreavey being promoted to Brussels in
such a hurry!

--
Harry Merrick.

No Problem Can Stand The Assault Of Sustained Thinking.
"Voltaire"

An Mac Tíre Bán...

Aug 31, 2004, 4:22:03 PM8/31/04
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:16:05 +0100, "Harry Merrick"
<merr...@agencies.dnet.co.uk> wrote:

>I am sure that the following will cause some interest:
>
>http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=n&id=49813

I wish you'd have quoted the content instead of posting a URL, it's not
exactly long: It's below:

=====
The Republic of Ireland is on its way to become one of the most indebted
countries in the world, according to warnings in a new report.

Figures released by the Central Bank show that the amount of money loaned to
private residents in Ireland increased by 3.2% this month, which may not
sound much until it is translated into real terms: €5.6 billion.

The figures are four times the EU average.

In the private sector, the Republic`s total debt has soared to €183 billion.

Every man, woman and child in Ireland owes €45,000.

=====

>It would appear that all is not nearly so well as McCreavey had us believe!
>
>Is the Republic on the way down the Tubes, busted?
>
>Perhaps that is the real reason for McCreavey being promoted to Brussels in
>such a hurry!

Celtic Tiger? Where for art thou?

Ray
(Hey Harry, take my fascist test and see where you stand on the spectrum,
and don't forget to post your results - most everyone else has)

Let friends all turn against me!
Let foes say what they will!
For my heart is in my country,
And I love old Ireland still!!!
Email: ray-AT-eirefirst.com
Website: http://www.eirefirst.com

gonzo

Aug 31, 2004, 4:39:59 PM8/31/04

An Mac Tíre Bán... <rayh.@iol.ie> wrote in message

> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:16:05 +0100, "Harry Merrick"
> <merr...@agencies.dnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >I am sure that the following will cause some interest:
> >
> >http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=n&id=49813
> >

> I wish you'd have quoted the content instead of posting a URL, it's not
> exactly long: It's below:
>
> =====
> The Republic of Ireland is on its way to become one of the most indebted
> countries in the world, according to warnings in a new report.
>
> Figures released by the Central Bank show that the amount of money loaned
> private residents in Ireland increased by 3.2% this month, which may not
> sound much until it is translated into real terms: ?5.6 billion.

> The figures are four times the EU average.
>
> In the private sector, the Republic`s total debt has soared to ?183
billion.

> Every man, woman and child in Ireland owes ?45,000.

Maybe we can each pay it off at a fiver a week?

Harry Merrick

Aug 31, 2004, 4:48:37 PM8/31/04
"An Mac Tíre Bán..." <rayh.@iol.ie> wrote in message
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:16:05 +0100, "Harry Merrick"
> <merr...@agencies.dnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >I am sure that the following will cause some interest:
> >
> >http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=n&id=49813
> >

> I wish you'd have quoted the content instead of posting a URL, it's not
> exactly long: It's below:

I did so because you would not get the benefit of the comments of other,
"normal" readers! - Your highly edited version misses the point somewhat.

> =====
> The Republic of Ireland is on its way to become one of the most indebted
> countries in the world, according to warnings in a new report.
>
> Figures released by the Central Bank show that the amount of money loaned
> private residents in Ireland increased by 3.2% this month, which may not

> sound much until it is translated into real terms: ?5.6 billion.

> The figures are four times the EU average.
>

> In the private sector, the Republic`s total debt has soared to ?183
billion.

> Every man, woman and child in Ireland owes ?45,000.

> =====
>
> >It would appear that all is not nearly so well as McCreavey had us
believe!

> >Is the Republic on the way down the Tubes, busted?
> >
> >Perhaps that is the real reason for McCreavey being promoted to Brussels
in
> >such a hurry!
>
> Celtic Tiger? Where for art thou?
>
> Ray
> (Hey Harry, take my fascist test and see where you stand on the spectrum,
> and don't forget to post your results - most everyone else has)

Oh, I am perfectly content for people such as yourself to look on me as a
fascist! I don't need to take any tests to prove anything other than I am a
Democrat, and loath and detest the Republican Movement and all it stands
for.

An Mac Tíre Bán...

Aug 31, 2004, 5:02:37 PM8/31/04

That will take us 1,800 years! Seems fair to me! :-)

Ray

An Mac Tíre Bán...

Aug 31, 2004, 5:20:52 PM8/31/04
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:48:37 +0100, "Harry Merrick"
<merr...@agencies.dnet.co.uk> wrote:

>"An Mac Tíre Bán..." <rayh.@iol.ie> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:16:05 +0100, "Harry Merrick"
>> <merr...@agencies.dnet.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> >I am sure that the following will cause some interest:
>> >
>> >http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=n&id=49813
>> >

>> I wish you'd have quoted the content instead of posting a URL, it's not
>> exactly long: It's below:
>
>I did so because you would not get the benefit of the comments of other,
>"normal" readers! - Your highly edited version misses the point somewhat.

What are you on about? I posted the "news" article, not the anonymous
the actual article, I cut the responses to it from people I don't know...
Anyone can have a look and see I'm right...

Afraid to take it then... ok, I see... your loss...

Ray

Steve

Aug 31, 2004, 8:14:51 PM8/31/04

"gonzo" <rk...@gonzo.eircom.net> wrote in message

Nah, just run a few sheep/cattle/people back and forth across the border,
apply for an EU grant/subsidy and the debt will be gone in no time at all.

Alternatively, the people engaged in the dumping of ROI rubbish in the North
could contact their Mafia brothers for the Italian dumping contracts. Two
problems solved in one go - no debts after a week or two, and no North as it
would have sunk under the weight of trash.

--
Steve:o)

mickey

Aug 31, 2004, 8:18:20 PM8/31/04

"An Mac Tíre Bán..." <rayh.@iol.ie> wrote in message
Fuck! I hoped that something had happened to Merrick and that he was gone
for good! What a wanker!

GoldenArse

Aug 31, 2004, 9:19:10 PM8/31/04

"An Mac Tíre Bán..." <rayh.@iol.ie> wrote in message
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:16:05 +0100, "Harry Merrick"
> <merr...@agencies.dnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >I am sure that the following will cause some interest:
> >
> >http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=n&id=49813
> >

> I wish you'd have quoted the content instead of posting a URL, it's not
> exactly long: It's below:
>
> =====
> The Republic of Ireland is on its way to become one of the most indebted
> countries in the world, according to warnings in a new report.
>
> Figures released by the Central Bank show that the amount of money loaned
> private residents in Ireland increased by 3.2% this month, which may not
> sound much until it is translated into real terms: ?5.6 billion.

> The figures are four times the EU average.
>
> In the private sector, the Republic`s total debt has soared to ?183
billion.

> Every man, woman and child in Ireland owes ?45,000.

Those numbers are distorted. It's because of mortgages on houses with silly
prices. When the housing boom goes bust (and it will) you'll see a hell of a
lot of people by the side of the road. That's why the smart money bought a
few houses when they could, and now they're laughing. I know, I did.

GoldenArse
SCI Real Estate Investor

Harry Merrick

Sep 4, 2004, 10:39:52 AM9/4/04
"GoldenArse" <unli...@home.com> wrote in message

Well!! You old Bugger! You might at least have tipped me the wink! LOL!

FreeIreland

Sep 6, 2004, 4:13:41 AM9/6/04
"GoldenArse" <unli...@home.com> wrote in message news:<is9Zc.4048$w%6....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...

Thankfully I spied this as well. NI was a good place to buy houses as
well. Even just a few years ago.

Have you any statistics on unsecured debt in the Republic. I rember
reading the the average in the UK for unsecured loans and credit card
bills is very high, hence the continued hikes in interest rates. Have
you noticed the amounts of Debt management and debt consolitdation
companies there are now a days.

ra...@sky.com

Jan 27, 2012, 1:15:45 PM1/27/12
Ireland is far from done. Its been in worse states than this and survived.
But it will need some help. Firstly the Irish Government must review all off shore agreements involving oil and gas reserves.
The situation has changed dranaitcally since any previous agreements were made.
Secondly, The Irish Hoteliers need to take a very very serious look at themselves and what they are about.
Ireland is Gods own it is very special, it is unpolluted, It is green, and it is beautiful.
The hoteliers must come too some kind of agreement which makes their services fair and reasonable. If the tourist is either American English or Chinese for that matter then their rates must reflect what they themselves would expect if they visited The USA .
racoraco