How to draw Manga for 10 year old?

James Newell

Dec 2, 2022, 8:18:02 AM12/2/22
to NI Comics Creator Club
Hi

Anyone know if there is a good book on how to draw Manga for a 10 year old?

If this 10 year old was into non manga I would know myself what to get to help him with his drawing, but my knowledge is limited on Manga.

any book recommendations?

james

PJ Holden

Jan 5, 2023, 10:04:42 AM1/5/23
to NI Comics Creator Club
Apologies for long delay - sadly I've no good recommendations to give (though I would point to my son's comics over at www.pauljholden.com/th-comics which he wrote and drew from about the age of 11 as a good place to look for a kid of that age who wants to see what's possible)

I have seen a few how to draw manga books in HMV and they might be worth a look.

James Newell

Jan 5, 2023, 2:21:18 PM1/5/23
to NI Comics Creator Club
No Problem PJ, will continue to search .

PJ Holden

Jan 18, 2023, 9:20:57 AM1/18/23
to NI Comics Creator Club
James, spotted a book in waterstones (in forestside) that looked exactly what you're after "The Shonen Jump guide to making manga"
Unusually for a making manga book it's written and drawn by people making regular manga! amazon affiliate link: https://amzn.to/3HeEKm0

James Newell

Jan 18, 2023, 3:40:56 PM1/18/23
to NI Comics Creator Club
OH Class!, thanks P.J., ended just getting a "Smiths" gift voucher in the end as my self and the wife caught covid, did not have the energy to go shopping.

This is perfect thought, will pick it up on amazon now and give as a random gift, just need to get some thing for his sister now, so there is no fighting!

all the best, thanks again for keeping it in mind.

james