Ruby... for kids?!

瀏覽次數:4 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Ken D'Ambrosio

未讀,
2013年6月12日 下午3:10:132013/6/12
收件者:nhruby-...@googlegroups.com
Hey, all.  My father is looking to see if he can't get something computer-related for his (step-)grandson, and asked me for advice.  He mentioned "Ruby for Kids," which I'd never heard of, but does seem as if it's pretty cool.  But he thinks -- and I completely agree -- that a language by itself is unlikely to do much; instead, he's looking for some sort of project to go along with it.  Lego Mindstorms leapt to mind -- but it doesn't seem as if there's a Ruby interpreter for that.  (Well, I found a pre-alpha one that hasn't been updated since 2003.  Not sure that qualifies.)  Anyway -- if anyone's got suggestions of a project for a 12-year-old kid who hasn't really gotten into computers deeper than playing them, I'm all ears.

Thanks much,

-Ken

Cody Skidmore

未讀,
2013年8月10日 上午10:07:392013/8/10
收件者:nhruby-...@googlegroups.com
My 11 year old son expressed interest in learning to program. I bought him this book and have been coaching him along.

Learning To Program by Chris Pines: http://amzn.to/19UsBO9

It's a book specifically designed to teach kids his age programming concepts using Ruby. It is part of a series.

With Regards,

Cody Skidmore
回覆所有人
回覆作者