Home Automation Ruby Job

Charles Forcey

Oct 27, 2011, 9:46:17 AM10/27/11
to nhruby-discuss
Hi! Been enjoying the Ruby meet ups and getting to know some of you!

I just got a call from a recruiter I have chatted with over the years,
Eric Dollin, about a Ruby on Rails gig. I am jammed for work, but I
thought I would pass it around to the group. I got my current post
through this list amazingly, so maybe it will work out. If anyone
thinks this should not be posted, let me know and I will swing back
and delete it. Not exactly sure of the netiquette here. Hopefully
the moderators will slap me around before this tortures any of you if
I am out of line!

See you all soon,

Charles

Hiring Procedure:

One phone screen, then One in-depth webex/goto meeting conference. MGR
will hire off the 2nd screening.
Background/drug screen required
Current client Oxford client

DESCRIPTION
As a key member of a geographically distributed development team, this
position will design and develop new ROR software functionality for a
large, complex remote home management system. This position will focus
on the user interface and communications with a Java based message
routing engine.

Principal duties and responsibilities include:
• Develop enhancements for existing systems by analyzing and
identifying areas for modification
• Create technical specifications and test plans

Must Have Experience and Skills
• Ruby on Rails web application development
• Demonstrable experience of developing Rails based client/server or
distributed software solutions to consistent quality standards.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
Pluses:
iphone/android development experience

Technical Skills Required
• 3+ years Ruby on Rails experience
• 6+ years web software development experience
• Experience with message-based architectures and messaging systems
such as ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ
• Solid background in dynamic object oriented languages (Ruby, Python,
etc)
• Prior experience with Java
• Unit/acceptance testing, and refactoring
• Git and/or other version control systems
• Strong familiarity with OSX and Linux shell environments

Contact:

Eric Dollin
Senior Associate Recruiter
Software/Hardware Consulting Services