Ruby/Rails contract work for Dartmouth College

Brian Hughes

Oct 11, 2010, 2:06:03 PM10/11/10
to nhruby-discuss

Good afternoon, NH Ruby'ers. I'm part of the Web Applications team at
Dartmouth College, where we build/maintain a number of Ruby on Rails
web applications for various departments. We've rapidly come to
realize that we simply don't have the time to get to every possible
web app project that comes our way, or meet every deadline. To try and
help those departments that we aren't able to help, directly, we're
looking Ruby on Rails developers, preferably in the NH/VT area, that
would like to get on our list of "Preferred Outside Vendors".

We would speak with you and get a feel for how you like to build your
Rails apps and, hopefully, get you approved for working in our
environment and, eventually, deploying apps to one of our Rails
servers. We could then confidently recommend you as someone who might
be able to work with a Dartmouth departmental client, to try and meet
their needs. You get paid for good contract work and we're able to
host a solid, well developed web application for the department. We're
not looking to negotiate for you, or set your rates. The contracts are
yours. We're looking for folks that are willing to build apps to a
certain set of specs that we know will host well off our servers.

Sorry if this seems light on the details. I'm hoping the local Ruby
community has some developers who don't mind doing higher ed work. If
you think your interested, please drop me a note and we'll try to get
together and chat...

-Brian Hughes
Sr. App Developer
Academic and Web Applications Group