August 2010 Meetup

Brian Turnbull

Aug 11, 2010, 4:02:46 PM8/11/10
to nhruby-announce
Join us on Monday, August 16th at 7:00pm for the next meeting of the
New Hampshire Ruby Users Group. This month we have talking about his
client_side_validations gem:

The client_side_validations gem is an extract from a Democratic
National Committee project. It quickly and easily allows you to
mimc
the validations in a given model on the client-side.

In addition, Brian Turnbull will be presenting his experience
interfacing C with Ruby:

Ruby is great. But sometimes you need the speed, control, or
ubiquity
of plain old C. In this talk, we'll examine interfacing Ruby with
an
existing C API and also writing new Ruby modules and classes in C.

**** New Location ****

Mark Galvin</a> of the NHICC is opening his doors to host this month's
meeting. The NHICC is located on the campus of the Pease
International Tradeport at 75 Rochester Avenue, Portsmouth, NH --
Directions from the NHICC site: http://www.nh-icc.org/about-nh-icc/directions/

Google Maps Link to Meeting Location:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=43.079632,-70.810339&hl=en&geocode=&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=17&sll=43.079828,-70.809342&sspn=0.005258,0.006963&ie=UTF8&ll=43.084311,-70.805082&spn=0.021031,0.027852&t=h&z=15

Brian Turnbull

Aug 11, 2010, 4:05:22 PM8/11/10
to nhruby-announce
Correction -- Brian Cardarella is talking about
client_side_validations

On Aug 11, 4:02 pm, Brian Turnbull <nhr...@brianturnbull.com> wrote:
> Join us on Monday, August 16th at 7:00pm for the next meeting of the
> New Hampshire Ruby Users Group.  This month we have talking about his
> client_side_validations gem:
>
>     The client_side_validations gem is an extract from a Democratic
>     National Committee project. It quickly and easily allows you to
> mimc
>     the validations in a given model on the client-side.
>
> In addition, Brian Turnbull will be presenting his experience
> interfacing C with Ruby:
>
>     Ruby is great.  But sometimes you need the speed, control, or
> ubiquity
>     of plain old C.  In this talk, we'll examine interfacing Ruby with
> an
>     existing C API and also writing new Ruby modules and classes in C.
>
> **** New Location ****
>
> Mark Galvin</a> of the NHICC is opening his doors to host this month's
> meeting.  The NHICC is located on the campus of the Pease
> International Tradeport at 75 Rochester Avenue, Portsmouth, NH --
> Directions from the NHICC site:http://www.nh-icc.org/about-nh-icc/directions/
>
> Google Maps Link to Meeting Location:
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=43.079632,-70...

Brian Turnbull