October Meetup Details -- Software Process and Cucumber

Nick Plante

Oct 15, 2009, 2:40:28 PM10/15/09
to nhruby-announce
As mentioned on the email list, our October meeting will be held on
the 22nd this month due to some scheduling conflicts. Join us at RMC
Research at 7PM to hear our friend Dan Pickett of Enlight Solutions
present his talk “From Wetware to Code – How’s Your Process?”

“We spend so much time focusing on conventional programming.
Everyone focuses on standards, code clarity, testing, and what gems to
use. Let’s chat about what’s done before your fingers hit the keys.
Let’s talk about brainstorming, requirements, stakeholders, mock-ups,
and writing solid user stories and acceptance tests with Cucumber.
Every project has a story – how will your next one end?”

I can certainly say that Cucumber has changed the way that I approach
software development, personally. This is sure to be a good talk, and
something you don’t have to be a hardcore Ruby fanatic to get a lot
out of either — the techniques and tools Dan will be talking about are
useful to anyone doing software development on the web. Cucumber, for
example, works great for Java, .NET, Flex or web applications written
in any language. So tell your friends and coworkers, and we hope to
see you on Thursday!

http://www.enlightsolutions.com
http://www.cukes.info
http://nhruby.org