BostonRB Remote Meetup

Brian Turnbull

Jun 6, 2012, 12:32:53 PM6/6/12
to nhruby-announce
New Hampshire Rubyists! We're going to try an experiment with our
southern neighbors, [BostonRB][1].

On Tuesday, June 12th, BostonRB will be streaming their [presentations]
[2] live via YouTube. At AlphaLoft, we'll setup a projector, camera,
and microphone at [AlphaLoft][3] and participate in the meeting via
Google Hangouts telepresence. So join us 7:00pm Tuesday at AlphaLoft
for and evening of Ruby with two great talks:

TorqueBox
---------
by Kevin Menard

[TorqueBox][4] is a new kind of Ruby application platform that
integrates popular technologies such as Ruby on Rails, while extending
the footprint of Ruby applications to include built-in support for
services such as messaging, scheduling, and daemons. TorqueBox
provides an all-in-one environment, built upon the latest, most
powerful JBoss AS Java application server. Functionality such as
clustering, load-balancing and high-availability is included right out-
of-the-box.

Introduction to JRuby
---------------------
by Jay McGaffigan

This will be a general introduction to [JRuby][5], should be a great
primer for anybody that is interested in getting their feet wet.

More Info and RSVP

RSVP for the event on the [Portsmouth Web Dev Meetup][6] page.

**When:** Tuesday, June 12th from 7pm to 9pm<br />
**Where:** AlphaLoft, 3 Congress Street, Portsmouth

[1]: http://bostonrb.org/
[2]: http://bostonrb.org/presentations/month/June-2012
[3]: http://alphaloft.com/
[4]: http://torquebox.org/