February Meetup: OOP

Brian Turnbull

Feb 5, 2010, 10:19:09 PM2/5/10
to nhruby-announce
Join us at RMC Research (1000 Market Street, Portsmouth, NH) on
Monday, 15 February 2010 at 7pm, for the snow delayed inaugural
meeting of the 2010 NHRuby season. This year at NHRuby, we're going
to try something a little different. Mixed in with our usual
presentations, we'll be covering the fundamentals of Ruby beginning
with Object Oriented Programming (OOP).

New Hampshire local, Brian Turnbull, will be leading a hands-on class
covering the fundamentals of OOP (Encapsulation, Inheritance, and
Dynamic Binding) with special emphasis on OOP in Ruby. We'll cover
the why and how of writing object oriented code in Ruby and touch on
designing larger systems using OOP principles. In addition, if the
stock Array type is not cutting it for you, we'll cover creating your
own types and learn what makes a complete class in Ruby. But wait!
There's more! It's not all talk -- we'll finish the meeting with an
application of what you learned though a programming exercise designed
to flex those new OOP filled brain cells.

So if you have some programming background, but have been wondering
what all this hubbub about objects is, join us. Or you want translate
your OOP knowledge to Ruby, this is the meetup for you. If you are
already fluent in OOP, you're welcome and encouraged to help guide the
session and assist other members... plus there will be an extra credit
challenge in the form of a Ruby game during the programming exercise!

Directions and more information can be found at http://nhruby.org/