Java RI on Java 8.

Raymond Sellars

Jul 11, 2017, 11:15:42 PM7/11/17
to nhindirect-discuss
Hi

Are there any plans to upgrade the RI to java 8. With both java 6 and java 7 both on end of public updates I'm looking at java 8 from security/maintanence perspective.

I'm aware there are a number of package dependencies (tomcat 7, James) that are quite old so it might need to be a progress aspect rather than big bang everything.

Looking for feedback and thoughts. Any significant issues that people are aware of or directions they would advise. Would this be welcome as a contribution back?

Currently we have the Java RI on java 7 with no discovered issues yet.

Thanks
Raymond
Solution Architect - OrionHealth