Testing XDM Message with SOAP endpoint

JA

Jan 30, 2014, 12:36:58 AM1/30/14
to nhindirec...@googlegroups.com
I have the Direct Project Reference Implementation 3.0.1 configured on a Linux server.
I have configured all the components, trust anchors and the certificates.
The nameserver resolves to say direct.myproject.com
User "patient1, patient2" has been created in the James server.
Regular emails for the trusted anchors go through the server without any issues.
The James server config.xml has not been changed and is the one that is distributed as part of the RI 3.0.1.

I want to test the following scenario
1. Send an email to a direct email address (say pati...@direct.myproject.com) from Outlook express.
2. The email has an attachment that is a zip file with XDM information.
3. The James SMTP server should receive this email  and then call the SOAP endpoint passing the attached XDM information.

I understand that this can be done by using the James mailet configuration in the James's config.xml file

 <mailet match="RecipientIsXdAndNotSMIME=http://localhost:8081/config-service/ConfigurationService" class="DirectXdMailet">
            <ConfigURL>http://localhost:8081/config-service/ConfigurationService</ConfigURL>
            <EndpointURL>http://localhost:8081/xd/services/DocumentRepository_Service</EndpointURL>
 </mailet>

My question is how to make us...@direct.myproject.com to match the matcher value of "RecipientIsXdAndNotSMIME" ?
Since I am not encoding the email with S/MIME the "AndNotSMIME" match will work. But what is the check for RecipientIsXD portion of this matcher and how do you test that?

Any help will be appreciated. If there are documents already available please point those URL to me.

Thanks

JA

JA

Feb 2, 2014, 11:46:24 PM2/2/14
to nhindirec...@googlegroups.com
I was able to figure this one out.
The "type" for the direct address is set in the configuration ui (http://localhost:8081/config-ui).  Go to the Manage Domains menu and then select the "Addresses" option. There you can add the direct address for the users you are interested in. You can set the direct address type (XD, SMTP, etc.,) when you create the user address.  For the "XD" user type you can also set the endpoint.  See screenshot attached.
setting_direct_address_XD..JPG

REDA ELAMRI

Jul 24, 2018, 3:28:48 PM7/24/18
to nhindirect-discuss
HI JA,

I know this is an old thread but i am trying to figure out how to configure XD* to work, can you please share your configuration? how do you determine the end point the url of the end point?

Thank you for your help !!
RED.