What is the future of NHContrib source code repository?

Valeriu Caraulean

Aug 18, 2011, 8:44:30 AM8/18/11
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com, nhc...@googlegroups.com
Will it be moved under umbrella of NHibernate organization on GitHub or it will continue to live on SourceForge?

I'd like to see all NHibernate related repositories in one place, this will make it easier to work with and keep them up-to-date.

There is the James Kovacs' mirror on GitHub (https://github.com/JamesKovacs/nhcontrib) for those envy to take latest sources and play, but I guess for contributing changes back the old svn repository is the only way now.

Thanks!

Valeriu Caraulean

Jan 18, 2012, 8:32:38 AM1/18/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com, nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
Getting back to this question as today I'm digging into NHibernate.Search and it looks like things are getting worse:
 - The code on sourceforge repository isn't compatible with NHibernate 3.2
 - There is a cloned NH.Search repository in github but it's not up to date with SVN (https://github.com/martinernst/NHibernate.Search)
 - One of the forks of that repository contains changes to make it work with NH 3.2 and latest Lucene.

That's very sad to see...

What is blocking actually the Contrib project to be moved to GitHub under the NHibernate organization? Common decision of all contributors or just a volunteer is needed to do the work?

Rory Plaire

Jan 18, 2012, 2:00:11 PM1/18/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
I'm also concerned about NHibernate.Search in particular, and am able to help with any volunteer effort needed. We've been needing to keep a local build of NHSearch (which works ok) but Lucene.Net is showing good signs of ongoing progress, and I want to incorporate those updates as well. Doing all this would would be better on a shared repo.

-r

Rory Plaire

Aug 21, 2012, 8:23:38 PM8/21/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com, nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
Did NHContrib ever get an official move over to Github?

On Tuesday, 3 July 2012 02:48:42 UTC-7, Timur Zanagar wrote:
As I asked a few times before, there is nobody responding on this kind of questions. I just made a post on the nh-dev group to get some information/help to get further with this step(s).

Let's see....

Timur Zanagar

Sep 16, 2012, 6:11:39 AM9/16/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com, nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com
There is no official move to GitHub from the NHibernate Contrib project leaders but I started it on https://github.com/NHibernate-Contrib and looking for more help to get this done. If someone want to join, don't hesistate.

Timur Zanagar

Sep 16, 2012, 6:14:51 AM9/16/12
to nhibernate-...@googlegroups.com, nhc...@googlegroups.com
No it's not official, but I started it to get this asap done. I'm hoping to get help from the community and the project leaders. If there is a problem with my forcement, it would be great to get some info.