https://github.com/organizations/NHibernate-Contrib

Timur Zanagar

Jul 3, 2012, 8:36:27 AM7/3/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I can't wait to get this stuff done, so at least I would like to get the source code from SVN to GitHub. If you want to contrib, just contact me to get you on the list. I can tell you, that I'll need help, too. ;-) I hope nobody from the known team members are now pissed. Just be sure, that this is an action to get NHContrib further in one place. There is so much stuff to do (JIRA, open issues, etc.).

Thank you very much in advance.

Dario Quintana

Jul 3, 2012, 9:44:09 AM7/3/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
I could try to move NHibernate Search, and later on: NHibernate Caches. Any complains?

Dario Quintana

Rory Plaire

Jul 3, 2012, 11:16:16 AM7/3/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
+1 on moving Search.

Dario Quintana

Jul 3, 2012, 12:54:57 PM7/3/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
NH.Search is moved. Working now to make it compatible with Lucene.Net and the last NHibernate version.

Cheers
--
Dario Quintana

Dario Quintana

Jul 3, 2012, 6:48:32 PM7/3/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
Yes! Nice one. Let's see what we can do, I did some work today (not a big deal) btw, we can "join forces" :)

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Tasteful <pat...@tasteful.se> wrote:
Hi.

I have found another fork on github for nh.search that seems to be activity on https://github.com/shosca/NHibernate.Search
It will also contains the fluent nh search library. Maybe something to checkout and see if it is something that can be merged to the "official" nh-contrib github to get it up and running on later NH faster.

// Patric

Dario Quintana

Logan Rhodehamel

Jul 5, 2012, 12:18:26 PM7/5/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to mentinon there is also this jira instance dedicated to NHibernate.Search: https://nhibernate.jira.com/browse/NHSR

I along with some others have reported issues with proposed patches for the source.  I am glad to see some effort to organize the search project.

Logan

Hadi Eskandari

Jul 6, 2012, 12:58:43 AM7/6/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
I was maintaining JetDriver for last year or so. The only problem is being on SourceForge.
Once moved to GitHub I'd be more than happy to continue maintain it.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM, Thomas G. Mayfield <tgmay...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've volunteered a few times to maintain NHibernate.JetDriver.

https://github.com/tgmayfield/nhibernate.jetdriver includes my own fixes as well as most of what I could find from other people.

Timur Zanagar

Sep 16, 2012, 6:08:00 AM9/16/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
That would be great! If you want to maintain this, I would fork it to the NHibernate.Contrib Organisation and give you the access rights. Would be great to see the Contrib projects under this orga. Just give me a message if it's ok with you.

Timur Zanagar

Sep 16, 2012, 6:09:47 AM9/16/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you're right. There are so many forks, that it's really hard to get the right version and the patches together. Would be great to get some help.

Ramon Smits

Sep 16, 2012, 6:34:14 AM9/16/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
Why not merge with  nhibernate organization? One umbrella for nhibernate and related projects would be much better I think.

--
Ramon

Zanagar, Timur

Sep 16, 2012, 6:39:52 AM9/16/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
I can't answer this question properly, IMHO it would be better to have two organisations. I don't think there is a better chance to get the contrib projects to the next step.

In my situation, I'm using Search, Envers and Validator in my daily work. Since the update to the latest NH, I'm not able to use Search anymore. I'm not in this project and I don't know why my trial to contact the project leaders (except Dario) isn't working.

I just see that there a lot of patches and a lot of forks but nothing official and I don't want to see the Contrib projects die.

Ramon Smits

Sep 16, 2012, 6:56:46 AM9/16/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
Having just one organization does not mean that you cannot work on one of the contrib projects. Just request for a couple of needed repositories and have commit rights. Well, if you start out on a seperate organization and have all repositories right then it is very easy to then transfer the repositories.

--
Ramon

Zanagar, Timur

Sep 16, 2012, 7:02:42 AM9/16/12
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, you right. In any cases it would be a further step to get the projects to the next level, but the main step should be now to get this done. If it's under NHibernate or NHibernate-Contrib shouldn't be the point.