Shards Repository

ggeurts

Mar 17, 2011, 10:18:01 PM3/17/11
to NHibernate Contrib - Development Group
Hi All,

I have spent quite a bit of time recently to get NHibernate Shard into
reasonable shape. In the process of doing so, I have refactored the
code base to a high degree:
- replaced events with delegates
- added support for entity names
- added support for SQL queries
- added support for futures, multiqueries and multicriteria
- removed code bloat in threading namespace

The result is a meaner project, that is now sufficiently feature
complete to be used. The unit tests in NHibernate.Tests are still
lacking, as I have primarily used a higher level test suite for our in-
house data access infrastructure to get shards to feature parity with
what we currently use in NHibernate.

I'd love to check our changes so far into the existing google code
repository. Would it be able to be added as a committer there? I have
not had the time yet to setup a DCVS and get my head around the SVN
integration.

Kind Regards,
Gerke.

Dario Quintana

Mar 18, 2011, 12:31:43 AM3/18/11
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gerke, I'll contact you tomorrow.
Cheers

Dario Quintana

ggeurts

Mar 29, 2011, 10:31:43 AM3/29/11
to NHibernate Contrib - Development Group
I have synchronised the Google Code repository with the shards
directory in the central NHibernate.Contrib repository and uploaded my
changes and extensions in various commits. As mentioned on the mailing
list, what now needs to be added/ported is a suite of unit tests for
the query/criteria and session code. I hope to contribute in that area
as well, but my current tests for the sharding code are dependent on
our overarching data access infrastructure.

As far as I am now aware areas of attention/pitfalls are:
- Handling of sorted criteria queries with projections
- Missing support for QueryOver and DetachedCriteria

Regards,
Gerke.