NHibernate Shards- status?

Alastair

Feb 1, 2011, 2:06:58 PM2/1/11
to NHibernate Contrib - Development Group
Hi guys,

I'm interested in implementing Shards in a project I'm working on, but
I'm having trouble finding any information about what kind of state
it's in. Does anyone know what's working, what isn't, etc?

Thanks!

Dario Quintana

Feb 1, 2011, 2:30:02 PM2/1/11
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
Hi, nobody is working on it. I'ts not completed.

Dario Quintana

ggeurts

Feb 9, 2011, 3:50:41 AM2/9/11
to NHibernate Contrib - Development Group
What areas of shards are known to need work? I am interested in
applying shards as well and would be happy to contribute patches where
we need them. However, it would be helpful to be aware of known
pitfalls before jumping in.

Many thanks,
Gerke.

On Feb 1, 8:30 pm, Dario Quintana <conta...@darioquintana.com.ar>
wrote:
> Hi, nobody is working on it. I'ts not completed.
>

> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Alastair <alast...@easyroommate.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
>
> > I'm interested in implementing Shards in a project I'm working on, but
> > I'm having trouble finding any information about what kind of state
> > it's in. Does anyone know what's working, what isn't, etc?
>
> > Thanks!
>
> > --
> > .

Fabio Maulo

Feb 9, 2011, 8:08:28 AM2/9/11
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
would you move NH.Shard in some DCVS ?
Hg: bitbucket, codeplex, googlecode
Git: GitHub
Fabio Maulo

Fabio Maulo

Feb 9, 2011, 3:58:27 PM2/9/11
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
then you can go ahead and we can experiments how much different are things when a DCVS is available for users... perhaps one of the possible clones will become the main line of development.

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Dario Quintana <cont...@darioquintana.com.ar> wrote:
In some time we had this repository http://code.google.com/p/nhshards/ was a temporarily home for Shards, after that, we moved back the code to Sourceforge.
We can move again to codegoogle, in order to support Mercurial.

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Fabio Maulo <fabio...@gmail.com> wrote:
would you move NH.Shard in some DCVS ?
Hg: bitbucket, codeplex, googlecode
Git: GitHub

--
Dario Quintana

Fabio Maulo

Dario Quintana

ggeurts

Feb 12, 2011, 4:05:17 AM2/12/11
to NHibernate Contrib - Development Group
I have not used a DCVS before, but this seems a good moment to make
the jump. My preference probably would be Mercurial.

On 9 feb, 21:38, Dario Quintana <conta...@darioquintana.com.ar> wrote:
> In some time we had this repositoryhttp://code.google.com/p/nhshards/was a
> temporarily home for Shards, after that, we moved back the code to
> Sourceforge.
> We can move again to codegoogle, in order to support Mercurial.

ggeurts

Feb 20, 2011, 6:03:36 PM2/20/11
to NHibernate Contrib - Development Group
Having looked at the various VCS options, I'd be happy to go with the
existing google code repository. How do you want to progress from
here? Also, what are the procedures/principles regarding refactoring
of (internals of) the existing code base? Test coverage currently
seems rather meager.

Regards,
Gerke.

On Feb 9, 3:38 pm, Dario Quintana <conta...@darioquintana.com.ar>
wrote:
> In some time we had this repositoryhttp://code.google.com/p/nhshards/was a
> temporarily home for Shards, after that, we moved back the code to
> Sourceforge.
> We can move again to codegoogle, in order to support Mercurial.

ggeurts

Mar 17, 2011, 10:21:00 PM3/17/11
to NHibernate Contrib - Development Group
Hi Dario,

Is it possible to get access to the Google Code repository?

Many thanks,
Gerke.

On 9 feb, 21:38, Dario Quintana <conta...@darioquintana.com.ar> wrote:
> In some time we had this repositoryhttp://code.google.com/p/nhshards/was a
> temporarily home for Shards, after that, we moved back the code to
> Sourceforge.
> We can move again to codegoogle, in order to support Mercurial.

Dario Quintana

Mar 18, 2011, 12:30:28 AM3/18/11
to nhc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerke,
Yes, of course, I'll prepare it for you, when is ready I'll let you know, get me 1 o 2 days please.
Cheers

Dario Quintana