Grasshopper Sparrow

Janice Landry

May 21, 2022, 12:09:16 PM5/21/22
to NHBirds
I was biking along the Northern Rail Trail this AM and noted a bird song I had never heard before just south of the State Forest Nursery in the fields located across the street.  I stopped at the locked gate just before Gerrish Station.  I had my binoculars with me and was able to locate the bird.  Based on song (it was continuously singing) and markings, I concluded it was a Grasshopper Sparrow.  I was able to get video of song and the bird on my iPhone if anyone is interested....I continued on on my bike another 2-3 miles and on my return through it was still singing.

Jan Landry