Crossbills and siskins, Epping

Greg Tillman

Nov 27, 2023, 4:46:11 PM11/27/23
to nhb...@googlegroups.com
Well I feel like I haven’t contributed much to the November challenge, and I certainly haven’t found any more Ash-throated Flycatchers or rare warblers or vireos (sadly). Nevertheless, very happy to find Red Crossbills at two separate locations in Epping this week: a few days ago at Piscassic WMA off Mast rd; and today at the back of the Burley Farm property (accessible from the trail on the north edge, rather than from where the SELT building is).

Also a flock of 10 siskins in the woods today, always a pleasant surprise to encounter these away from the feeders.

Happy birding!

-Greg, Epping