Get your copy of the Birds of the Squam Lakes Region

Iain MacLeod

Dec 2, 2022, 2:15:43 PM12/2/22
to NH Birds (nhbirds@googlegroups.com)

A great stocking stuffer for the birder in your life!

Birds of the Squam Lakes Region

By Beverly S. Ridgely, Robert S. Ridgely and Kenneth H. Klapper

Expanded and fully revised edition of Bev Ridgely’s classic work.

Updated accounts of the more than 280 species of birds found in the area. Illustrated with more than 200 color photographs by noted local photographers including many by Mark Wilson, Geoff Dennis, David O. Hill, and Len Medlock. This book provides a comprehensive overview of birdlife in the beautiful Squam Lakes Region, but is also an important contribution to our understanding of birds throughout the state.

Produced and published by Squam Lakes Natural Science Center.

Available for online purchase at: https://nhnature.org/programs/birdsofsquambook.php

Cost: $35 (plus shipping)

Rob Woodward

Dec 2, 2022, 4:41:34 PM12/2/22
to NH Birds (nhbirds@googlegroups.com)
Long ago I bought the first two  editions of this book so  when I heard last year that a new edition was coming out, I was eager to read that too. This book brings all the species up-to-date illustrating some of the dramatic changes in the status and distribution of the birds in this area. The color photographs are by photographers whose names you will recognize.  It is more than a book about the birds of this beautiful area, it is also a story about a son and his father.  Birders from all parts of the state will enjoy it since the birds of the Squam Lakes area are, by way of extension, the birds of NH.  All NH birders should have a copy.

Rob Woodward
Flattened Myers, Fla

---