Pondicherry Migratory Bird Walk on Tuesday 17 May 2022

David Govatski

May 15, 2022, 4:38:20 PM5/15/22
to nhb...@googlegroups.com
The Friends of Pondicherry is sponsoring a Migratory Bird Day Walk at the Pondicherry National Wildlife Refuge in Jefferson and Whitefield on Tuesday 17 May 2022. The event will have two parts. The first event starts at 0700 at Airport Marsh on Airport Road in Whitefield. We will check out the wetlands and grasslands for an hour before heading over to the Airport Road Trailhead at 289 Airport Road in Whitefield at 0800.

From the trailhead we will bird our way to Cherry and Little Cherry Ponds in Jefferson. The total walking distance on flat ground is 3-5 miles depending on how far you want to walk. We have been seeing a strong showing of warblers this weekend including Cape May and Bay-breasted warblers. We hope to see black-backed woodpeckers around Little Cherry Pond.

We go rain or shine so dress accordingly. Bring water, lunch, binoculars, and be prepared for some black flies. The event is free and we expect to finish in the early afternoon.

David Govatski
Jefferson, NH