Blue-winged Warbler - New Hampton

Rob Woodward

May 19, 2022, 10:34:01 AM5/19/22
to NHBirds Group
I found a Blue-winged Warbler in the orchard area of the Kelley-Drake Conservation Area in New Hampton.  I was later joined by Janice Landry and we got good close studies and poor photographs.

Earlier I had 6 Bay-breasted Warblers in a single tree, also in the orchard, then later I counted 2 more.  It's possible that what I was hearing were one or two more but I'll settle for eight.

Luckily I was 2 minutes ahead of a turkey hunter as we entered the property, otherwise I would have missed the moose standing in the road right in front of me.

Also - 2 Mourning Warblers in the same spot I had one yesterday at the former State School, in the tangles along the road that goes to the top of the hill with the water tower.

Rob Woodward
Laconia, NH