swallows

Sylvia Miskoe

Jun 30, 2024, 11:45:37 AMJun 30
to nhb...@googlegroups.com
The barn is full of swallows, over 20 nests, often 4-6 babies.  Many are about to fledge.  I can't climb but there are more active nests that I can hear. Haven't seen any more rough winged so assume the 4 I did see were migrants.  The barns get agitated if I stand near the doors.
Sylvia Miskoe, Concord

Sylvia Miskoe

Jul 2, 2024, 2:01:56 PM (13 days ago) Jul 2
to nhb...@googlegroups.com
Both fields have been mowed and tedded.  Now they are drying and the hay is a lighter green.  The swallows are busy hunting bugs. 3 TV's circled  but decided there was nothing special and flew off.  A cardinal landed in an oak tree.

News from the peaceable kingdom.
Sylvia Miskoe, Concord