Bridled Tern on White and Seavey Island

eric masterson

Jul 9, 2024, 1:09:31 PM (7 days ago) Jul 9
to nhb...@googlegroups.com
The tern biologists found a Bridled Tern (1st state record) on White
and Seavey Island this morning. No idea if it is hanging around, but
for anyone who has a boat, or has a few bucks to spare to rent a small
six pack (email me for options), it might be worth a shot.

eric masterson

Jul 9, 2024, 1:28:34 PM (6 days ago) Jul 9
to nhb...@googlegroups.com
I should add that landing is not possible on the island and the only
realistic option is to see the bird from the water.

eric masterson

Jul 9, 2024, 7:33:39 PM (6 days ago) Jul 9
to nhb...@googlegroups.com
The Bridled Tern is still present as of 7pm. Worth a shot in the
morning if anyone can get out. Remember - no landing on the island.
The bird has been hanging out on the northwest end of Seavey Island,
occasionally flying back and forth between Seavey and Little Seavey
(the small rock outcrop off the northwest corner of the island).

I recommend getting out to the island as early as possible for those
interested.