November Challenge summary 2022 - My quick analysis

Steve Mirick

Dec 3, 2022, 5:02:17 PM12/3/22
to NHBirds
My total for November in Rockingham County was 143 species (a new
personal high) with 85 checklists.  I'd say I worked harder than usual
in Rockingham County.  It would be
interesting to see the number of checklists for each county to see where
more effort could help.  In any event, here is my "Trip Report" for
November in Rockingham County.  Click
on the "species with photos" to see my photos for the month:

https://ebird.org/nh/tripreport/82758

As for the State overall, my quick analysis shows that we tied 2018 with
a total of 207 species more than likely a record high:

2022 - 207 species (with jaeger sp.)
2021 - 195 species
2020 - 200 species
2019 - 179 species
2018 - 207 species
2017 - 182 species
2016 - 173 species
2015 - 174 species

Assuming the following records are accepted by the NH Rare Bird
Committee, there were an AMAZING
9 First All-Time New Hampshire November Records!
Ross's Goose (T. Graham)
LeConte's Sparrow (J. Nealon)
Least Flycatcher (L. Charron)
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher (S. Varney)
Tropical Kingbird (S. & J. Mirick)
Canada Warbler (S. & J. Mirick)
Mountain Bluebird (K. Klapper)
Solitary Sandpiper (C. Liazos)
Northern Waterthrush (V. Rosalia)

With these new additions, a total of 302 species have been reported in
New Hampshire in November!  With Canada Warbler and Northern
Waterthrush, the State now has recorded a total of 26 species of
warblers in November!!!  And we added 3 new species of Flycatchers to
bring the State total to 9 species of Flycatchers in November!

Steve Mirick
Bradford, MA