Unidentified Raptor(?) in Londonderry

sdahlfred

Jul 11, 2024, 7:47:10 AM (5 days ago) Jul 11
to NHBirds
This morning I began hearing a squawk-like sound that didn't seem familiar. The crows were going crazy and a rabbit froze in my yard for the duration (about 15 minutes.) Merlin heard the sound as a bird but didn't identify it, which told me that it wasn't from around here. (I only have the Northeast loaded on my app.) I tried to record it, but failed. (Technology idiot.) Like I said, it was a squawk, sort of like a raven, but much higher-pitched. It sounded intermittently but not at exact intervals. It was one squawk at a time, and loud. I'm posting this here in case anyone else in the area hears or sees the bird.

Sandy Dahlfred
Londonderry