Belknap takes the gold!

Rob Woodward

Dec 3, 2022, 12:47:49 PM12/3/22
to NHBirds Group
Little Belknap County rises from 9th two years ago to 3rd last year to  the top of the heap  this year!  Our winning system was a play straight out of pro wrestling.  I will confess here that back in high school I was a big fan.  My nerd neighbor's father took my neighbor, me and my brother to the Shriner's Auditorium in downtown Los Angeles to  see the great  Freddie Blassie.

To win the county challenge, Iain and I emulated the great one with a classic tag team method.  I went in on the opening bell, rounded up a good list, got us to second place, then sagged a little at mid-month.  Too many body slams!  Then Iain made the tag and jumped in the ring and continued to add more when there was nothing left, finding a saw-whet owl an hour before the clock struck twelve on November 30.  Others found Swainson's Thrush, Greater Yellowlegs, and shrike.  I am glad we made Jeremy Belknap proud, and Freddie Blassie too.

Rob Woodward
Fort Myers, Fla