open pedagogy and LibGuides

Deb Baker

Jan 14, 2020, 4:01:20 PM1/14/20
to NH OER Collaboration Space

Hi all,

Sorry for cross-posting. I am looking for some examples of student-created LibGuides. I have an Art History professor who is going to have his students curate and/or create content and we'd like to be able to show them what this looks like. I can certainly give them examples of LibGuides, but I thought it would be really cool if I could show a student-created one, even if it's not in the same discipline.

Any leads welcome!

Thanks,

Deb

Deb Baker

Library Director
603-206-8151  |
dba...@ccsnh.edu

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Manchester Community College

1066 Front Street, Manchester, NH 03102
(603) 206-8000  |
www.mccnh.edu

library.mccnh.edu/home

Ask me about NoLo

Pamela Harland

Jan 14, 2020, 4:15:20 PM1/14/20
to Deb Baker, NH OER Collaboration Space
Hi Deb and everyone else,

My students are grad students, so this may not be relevant. They have the option of developing a LibGuide for a collaborative project. Here are a few examples:
I hope that is helpful!

Keep in touch,
Pam

Jan 15, 2020, 9:55:48 AM1/15/20
to NH OER Collaboration Space
These are great -- thank you, Pam! If anyone is curious about other OER-related LibGuide uses, I have a faculty member using one to create the open textbook for a class she's teaching next summer as well. We looked at some examples when she came to see me, like this one:

I feel this a great way for libraries to support OER work -- by sharing creative ways to use our existing resources, especially for courses where faculty are not necessarily interested in publishing something that looks like a textbook.