New docker image for nginx with pagespeed

Luis Pabón

Sep 29, 2021, 6:08:23 AM9/29/21
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hello there.

I realised recently the official docker image for nginx with pagespeed was 3 years old and indeed it looks abandoned - not only was it running an ancient version of nginx (1.14) but also a very out of date version of the pagespeed code.

I have created a new image, built daily, that uses the current mainline version of nginx as well as the newest version of the pagespeed module. You can find it at:
Just to clarify, the image tag is always `latest`. I have no intention of supporting the myriad of possible combinations of mainline/stable nginx as well as pagespeed. It will always be the newest mainline version for nginx as well as the latest stable version of ngx_pagespeed.

The image weighs a total of 115MB and it is based around Ubuntu 20.04. This is around 40MB lighter than nginx's official image (debian version). I won't be providing an alpine variant, as I'm leveraging pagespeed's own installation script which does not support alpine.

If you find any issues, please report to https://github.com/phpdocker-io/base-images/

Cheers