Does the LoadFromFileRule works with site loading using nginx proxy

Krunal Jariwala

Mar 20, 2020, 6:36:25 AM3/20/20
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Does the LoadFromFileRule works with site loading using nginx proxy?

We have a nginx with reverse proxy where pagespeed is being implemented and we getting an error like

<!--deadline_exceeded for filter CacheExtender--><!--deadline_exceeded--><!--deadline_exceeded--><!--deadline_exceeded--><!--4xx status code, preventing rewriting of http://somedomain -files.css-->

I checked that LoadFromFile can fix, but because its coming from origin, I am not sure how to use that...

Also, we noticed instead of the https, it tries to optimize resources on http.

Longinos

Mar 20, 2020, 9:06:43 AM3/20/20
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss

Hi

You have:

user -> pagespeed + nginx(proxy) -> nginx (or apache) ?

In this config, you can´t loadfromfile, cause the resources come from an http request to the backend server.

I think that a better aproach is

user -> nginx (proxy) -> pagespeed + nginx

With this, you can use the loadfromfile, but need to configure downstream cache: https://www.modpagespeed.com/doc/downstream-caching

Krunal Jariwala

Mar 20, 2020, 1:26:41 PM3/20/20
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

Origin is actually a dot net core application hosted on separate windows server. So actually it is

User -> nginx + pagespeed proxy -> origin dot net app

what do you recommend in this case?

Regards

Longinos

Mar 20, 2020, 5:36:58 PM3/20/20
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hi

IIn this case, honestly, I don´t know what is the better config.
But for sure you can´t do a LoadFromFile.
Maybe you can separate the web content, put the static assets in nginx and fecht the dinamycs ones from the dot.net.
This a field that I don´t have any experience.

Krunal Jariwala

Mar 20, 2020, 11:08:44 PM3/20/20
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hmm. That I'll try. I'll move static contents to the ngnixa