F-YEA. FIXED BUILDING NGINX W. PAGESPEED MODULE FROM SOURCE

Adam

Mar 8, 2023, 3:40:49 AM3/8/23
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Ok so like many of you that might have landed here after lengthy searches. I am pleased to tell you the search may be over (depending if i can type it out before i forget hoew i went about it)

Rought guide:

Run this command that installs penultimate version

NPS_VERSION=1.13.35.2-stable
cd
wget -O- https://github.com/apache/incubator-pagespeed-ngx/archive/v${NPS_VERSION}.tar.gz | tar -xz
nps_dir=$(find . -name "*pagespeed-ngx-${NPS_VERSION}" -type d)
cd "$nps_dir"
NPS_RELEASE_NUMBER=${NPS_VERSION/beta/}
NPS_RELEASE_NUMBER=${NPS_VERSION/stable/}
psol_url=https://dl.google.com/dl/page-speed/psol/${NPS_RELEASE_NUMBER}.tar.gz
[ -e scripts/format_binary_url.sh ] && psol_url=$(scripts/format_binary_url.sh PSOL_BINARY_URL)
wget -O- ${psol_url} | tar -xz  # extracts to psol/

At this stage (after trying all other methods) i went about it the 'manual' way, so when i ran ./config in the root of the newly dl'd and created pagespeed_dir (w. PSOL) it gave me a permissions error, now im not sure if that had bearing but just for good measure, run

sudo chown _R youruser:yourgrp *

.. then, in the root dir of the pagespeed folder (will have a file called PSOL_BINARY_URL'  in there, go from there, into the 'scripts folder' and run;

./build_ngx_pagespeed.sh

ahh dont worry about it guys, you can all suck me off later... infact nah cant even jest about that nowadays il eaither got badgered to death off aload of scared sheep that are hungry for blood or il get rogered to death off an army of sodomists so scrap that send ur sister round, but not that one, yea the other onje :)

good luck with pagespeed hope this helps

Adam

Mar 8, 2023, 3:43:09 AM3/8/23
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
typo - swap: