Appendix I & Get a Grip

pat...@wolfnet.net

May 27, 2013, 10:35:37 AM5/27/13
to ngs...@googlegroups.com
I really like the statement that "children are natural engineers." Isn't that the truth! My students love to explore, my problem has always remained to direct them so that they are learning in a safe environment. So many of my chem students want to start mixing chemicals willy-nilly. They want to explore, but do not know enough to do so safely. I like the engineering "modules" where the problem is laid out for the students allowing them to explore without turning my hair gray trying to keep them safe. Get a Grip is an example of this. Problem solving using their background knowledge and learning through trial and error.