ng UI Crash

Christopher McCabe

Dec 23, 2021, 8:59:36 PM12/23/21
to ngSkinTools user list

Hello. I am hoping that someone can give me a little direction on how to resolve my issue. I have been using Maya and ngSkinTools for many years now. And also have a userSetup.py configuration, so I can point several computers to the same plugin repository. I have several computers using the same plugins and environment variables without error.

I purchased a laptop recently.
i7 - 1065G7 1.50 GHz
16GB Mem

Every time I launch the ngSkinTools UI. I get the window title bar only. Then Maya will crash to desktop. I have now tried Maya 2019.3.1, Maya 2020.4 and Maya 2022.3. Same result with all versions. I have also tried several versions of NG, all with the same result. ( Yes, the plugin loads )

I am not versed in PySide2 or PyQt. I know that 2019 uses PyQt. And 2020+ uses PySide2. But I am starting to think that my computer hardware might be the issue at this point. I would appreciate any help in finding a solution!

Thank you!