Importing and pasting skin layers via pymel

George Greer

Aug 19, 2021, 11:06:59 AM8/19/21
to ngSkinTools user list
Hi all,

We're trying to update ~100 character files with a new skeleton and I'm trying to automate the skinning transfer by importing the json and transferring the weights.

I'm at the point where the json has been imported, and the source influences have been read, but I can't figure out how to identify the target mesh.

I've tried:
  • Passing in the mesh by name
  • saving the mesh to a variable and passing that in
  • calling MllInterface() with the mesh selected
and I just get command errors. How do I identify the mesh?

Cheers!
Message has been deleted