ngskin tools and maya 2018?

Chris Johnson

Aug 7, 2018, 2:44:42 PM8/7/18
to ngSkinTools user list
I'm getting an error with the plugin. Is it safe to assume this is not ready for Maya 2018?

I notice there is no 2018 folder in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\ngskintools\Contents\plug-ins and I was hoping to stay in this version of Maya as 2017 is so buggy.

I get two buttons in my Custom > shelf not one. Neither work.

Here is the error I get.

from ngSkinTools.ui.mainwindow import MainWindow
MainWindow.open()
# Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\ngskintools\Contents\scripts\ngSkinTools\ui\mainwindow.py", line 372, in resumeInWorkspaceControl
#     window.createUI(cmds.setParent(q=True))
#   File "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\ngskintools\Contents\scripts\ngSkinTools\ui\mainwindow.py", line 435, in createUI
#     targetUiLayout = self.targetUI.create(topForm.layout)
#   File "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\ngskintools\Contents\scripts\ngSkinTools\ui\targetDataDisplay.py", line 86, in create
#     self.noLayersUI.update()
#   File "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\ngskintools\Contents\scripts\ngSkinTools\ui\noLayersUI.py", line 99, in update
#     cmds.control(self.controls.nonCommercialBanner,e=True,visible=license.licenseStatus()!=0)
#   File "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\ngskintools\Contents\scripts\ngSkinTools\license.py", line 81, in licenseStatus
#     result = cmds.ngSkinToolsLicense(licenseStatus=True)
# AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ngSkinToolsLicense'
# Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/ProgramData/Autodesk/ApplicationPlugins/ngskintools/Contents/plug-ins/windows-maya2017-64bit/ngSkinTools.mll
The specified procedure could not be found.
 #
# Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found.
 (ngSkinTools) #
# Error: [NgSkinTools] Failed to load the plugin. This is often a case-by-case issue - contact support. #
# Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/ProgramData/Autodesk/ApplicationPlugins/ngskintools/Contents/plug-ins/windows-maya2017-64bit/ngSkinTools.mll
The specified procedure could not be found.
 #
# Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found.
 (ngSkinTools) #
# Error: [NgSkinTools] Failed to load the plugin. This is often a case-by-case issue - contact support. #
# Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "ngSkinLayer". #

viktoras

Aug 8, 2018, 4:02:52 AM8/8/18
to ngski...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

The issue here is that the plugin attempts to load 2017 binary (you can see at the bottom of stacktrace).

Have you updated to latest ngSkinTools version?  Are you able to manually load ngSkinTools.mll from "windows-maya2018-64bit" folder?

Chris Johnson

Aug 8, 2018, 10:23:17 AM8/8/18
to ngSkinTools user list
That's better...seems to work now...I still have two buttons on the shelf?

Sorry bout that...the Autodesk App store forwards you to an old version.

viktoras

Aug 8, 2018, 11:28:26 AM8/8/18
to ngski...@googlegroups.com
yeah, the two buttons is aknown issue. just delete one :) they're not dynamically created, instead on installation if Maya thinks that the button is not there, it creates one. It's quite a hacky setup from Autodesk examples, I have along outstanding task to fix this.. always something on higher priority.

Chris Johnson

Aug 9, 2018, 9:42:57 AM8/9/18
to ngSkinTools user list
Yep....been working with it off and on over the day...already saved my ass with mirroring. Thanks for the great tool Viktoras!