Is there any way to unload the plugin after all nodes have been removed? Causing big issue with production. Ng 1.7.9

Gerard Van Ommen Kloeke

Jun 8, 2020, 10:22:04 PM6/8/20
to ngSkinTools user list
Hello. I'm using Maya 2017 v5 and NG 1.7.9 in production and we are hitting a problem where the 'requires' line for NG in the maya ascii file header still exists ( requires -dataType "ngSkinLayerDataStorage" "ngSkinTools" "1.7.9" )
This is causing problems with files failing to open as NG is not currently permitted as part of our studio environment (they are weary of 3rd Party tools - but a few of us absolutely love NG's workflow and can't go back to Maya's paleolithic solution)

Currently I have written something that saves out the file as ma then line by line removes the requires lines but it has to rewrite the entire file and they can be big, then the file needs to be reopened. I need another solution.

Any advice appreciated.

Gerard.

David Johnson

Jun 9, 2020, 2:08:36 AM6/9/20
to ngski...@googlegroups.com

It can be frustrating. What you need to do is make sure that you delete all nodes that relate to the plugin, then flush the undo queue before you save the scene.

But have you tried simply removing the ng "custom nodes" via the ng Edit|Delete All Custom Nodes menu ?

If that is not enough, then you can try the following python:

nodeTypes = mc.pluginInfo('ngSkinTools', q=True, dependNode=True)

for nodeType in nodeTypes:

    nodes = mc.ls(type=nodeType)

    mc.delete(nodes)

mc.flushUndo()

Gerard Van Ommen Kloeke

Jun 9, 2020, 2:17:53 AM6/9/20
to ngski...@googlegroups.com
Hi there. Thanks for the reply. I have tried the usual stuff. Apart from the flush undo queue that is..  - dont know why I didn't think of that.. and YES IT WORKED!!! You're a bloody Legend. (And I'm feeling like a total idiot for not trying that sooner!) There's a big Beer for you in Australia (when borders open..)

Cheers mate!
Gerard.

Geard van Ommen

Gerard Van Ommen Kloeke