Error when importing ngskintools layers Urgent

david monteiro

Jul 5, 2018, 8:55:00 AM7/5/18
to ngSkinTools user list

I am getting the following layer importing the NGskintools layers into this face mesh?

"# Error: Exception: file C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\ngskintools\Contents\scripts\ngSkinTools\importExport.py line 324: Invalid vertex count for mask in layer 'Jaw': expected size is 29765 #
"

My workflow is very straightforward -

1 - selected the Face Mesh and exported the NGskintools layers

2- I exported the geometry as n OBJ from Maya

3 - Imported the OBJ to a new scene

4 - Skinned the mesh to the joints

5 - Imported the NGskintools layers into the new Maya scene (wich is not working because of that error!)

Any help on this topic?

Thanks a lot!

David Johnson

Jul 5, 2018, 10:58:46 AM7/5/18
to ngski...@googlegroups.com
Exporting as OBJ and re-importing might be result in a mesh with a different number of verts to the original. Maybe import the obj into the original scene and compare vert counts.
If its not that (ie vert count is preserved) then I dont know the answer.

David

david monteiro

Jul 5, 2018, 11:05:43 AM7/5/18
to ngSkinTools user list
Thanks David but exporting an OBJ should actually never change the poly count or even the Verts ID,s.

For now i found a workaround by collapsing all NGskintools layers and exporting that. It worked!

Best,

viktoras

Jul 11, 2018, 6:19:27 AM7/11/18
to ngski...@googlegroups.com
hm.. so you're saying that export/import of multiple layers failed, while the collapsed single layer worked? Just looking if there was potentially a bug here.

david monteiro

Jul 12, 2018, 8:31:23 AM7/12/18
to ngSkinTools user list
@viktoras. yes, exactly. it took you 6 days to answer to my initial post...