Re: Unable to get plugin to work

Message has been deleted

Lee Dickholtz

Dec 23, 2018, 5:50:48 PM12/23/18
to ngSkinTools user list
Still trying to get this to work.

Process:
  1. Unloaded plugin from plugin manager (and disabled autoload)
  2. Uninstalled
  3. Opened Maya
  4. Quit Maya
  5. Reinstalled
  6. Opened Maya
  7. Plugin manager Load plugin
  8. Opened a skinned model.
  9. Selected model then clicked on button I made for shelf:
    from ngSkinTools.ui.mainwindow import MainWindow
    MainWindow.open()
  10. Keep getting error message, see bolded text, below
    select -r pSphere1 ;
    from ngSkinTools.ui.mainwindow import MainWindow
    MainWindow.open()
    # Traceback (most recent call last):
    #   File "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\ngskintools\Contents\scripts\ngSkinTools\ui\mainwindow.py", line 326, in resumeInWorkspaceControl
    #     window.createUI(cmds.setParent(q=True))
    #   File "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\ngskintools\Contents\scripts\ngSkinTools\ui\mainwindow.py", line 388, in createUI
    #     cmds.paneLayout(horizontalSplit, e=True, paneSize=(1, 100, self.splitPosition.get()))
    # # RuntimeError: Value is out of range: 111

On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 7:16:03 PM UTC-8, Lee Dickholtz wrote:

Hello,

I’m trying to use ngSkinTools-1.7.6 on Maya 2018.5:

·        Win 10 Pro 64-bit, latest updates

Initially, I ran the install, but didn’t see the shelf-icon for ngSkinTools. (Already had a shelf called Custom. Not sure if that caused a problem. Renamed the Custom shelf, just in case).

Noticed the following, in the FAQ section:

               I installed ngSkinTools, but there is no new shelf

               I have some other weird problem with the ngSkinTools shelf

o   From time to time, users are reporting strange problems with the shelf, and I was not able to track it down yet. Try creating a button on another shelf using this Python code, this should open ngSkinTools main window:

from ngSkinTools.ui.mainwindow import MainWindow

MainWindow.open()

Initially, I ran the executed the indicated Python code from the Script Editor. That brought up a window that looked like the one shown in the documentation.

Since that first time, I’ve been unable to get a usable window to open.
Though I’ve created a shelf-button, using the Python code, the resulting window is blank (just a solid dark gray background):

cid:image001.png@01D49893.35B4E8D0

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I still get a blank window.
I appreciate any suggestions about how to get ngskintools to work.

Thank you.

Best,

Lee

Lee Dickholtz