YAML input count & collect

ullo...@googlemail.com

Sep 28, 2023, 11:19:29 AM9/28/23
to NGLess
Dear all,
I have a question regarding the YAML input format, what do I put into the collect function for the allneeded parameter? Here is an example:

ngless "1.5"

local import "motus" version "3.1"

import "parallel" version "1.1"

samples=load_sample_list('all_samples.yaml')

input = run_for_all_samples(samples)

count = motus(input,

              sample=input.name(),

              relative_abundance=false)

collect(count,

   current=input.name(),

        allneeded=samples,

        ofile='project_motusv3.1.tsv')

Are "sample" and "current" correctly defined? at least it does not throw an error validating the script.

Yours sincerely,

Ulrike

Luis Pedro Coelho

Oct 6, 2023, 1:22:11 AM10/6/23
to Ulrike Löber, NGLess List
Sorry for the late reply, moving continents was a big disruption.

To me this seems good, yes.

HTH, Luis

Ulrike Löber

Oct 6, 2023, 2:01:49 AM10/6/23
to lu...@luispedro.org, NGLess List
Dear Luis,
But allneeded is not correctly defined. It does not run. Please help.
Yours sincerely,
Ulrike

Am Fr., Okt. 6, 2023 at 7:22 schrieb Luis Pedro Coelho

Luis Pedro Coelho

Oct 6, 2023, 2:16:50 AM10/6/23
to Ulrike Löber, NGLess List
Sorry that was way too quick

I think the answer is that you leave them out:

collect(count,
    ofile='project_motusv3.1.tsv')

The run_for_all_samples will magically fill it in correctly

HTH, Luis

Luis Pedro Coelho | Queensland University of Technology | https://luispedro.org