expire disable, logging

alex.meln...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2016, 6:40:52 AM4/27/16
to nginxpushstream
Hello.

Excuse me, could you give me advices.

1) How could I keep only 1 message in a channel for a very long time without any expiring and without subscribers?
Subscribers can come in and exit out from a channel, sometimes there are no any subscribers in a channel, but 1 message must be always in a channel.

I tested 'push_stream_max_messages_stored_per_channel = 1', but a message are expired and deleted after 30m.
I found default param 'ngx_http_push_stream_default_message_ttl = 1800; // 30 minutes', so I started to test
'push_stream_message_ttl = 525600m;'

Will 'push_stream_message_ttl' override 'ngx_http_push_stream_default_message_ttl' ?
What is max value for 'push_stream_message_ttl' ?
How could I can full turn off expire and delete messages from a channel?

2) How could I make logging for operation put\delete messages in\from a channel for admin user and for the module internal processes (deleting expired message, etc) ?

Thank You in advance.

Wandenberg Peixoto

Apr 27, 2016, 10:10:42 AM4/27/16
to nginxpu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

1)
- Will 'push_stream_message_ttl' override 'ngx_http_push_stream_default_message_ttl' ?
You can use push_stream_message_ttl directive to overwrite the default value of 30 minutes.
But, attention !!! This will make the server take a much longer time to release this memory, so you have to set a shared memory size compatible with you use case.

- What is max value for 'push_stream_message_ttl' ?
The max value will be the max value time_t type accept on your platform, usually a very big number. :)

- How could I can full turn off expire and delete messages from a channel?
Officially you cannot. This process is necessary to release the used memory and keep your server "healthy".

2)
I'm not sure if I understood your question. I will try to answer but feel free to clarify your doubt if I don't get your point.
You cannot explicitly delete a message, only a channel.
Since these operations are http requests (publish a message, delete a channel, ...) they will be logged on nginx access log.
The internal cleanup operations are not logged for performance reasons. And there isn't any value in logging a cleanup operation despite debugging.

Regards,
Wandenberg