IMPORTANT - Reply by Oct. 7: Opportunity to attend the 2nd International Course on Political Training for Political Educators

Stephanie Wang

Oct 2, 2015, 3:02:30 PM10/2/15
to Rachellet Ternier, Alexander Fletcher, Andrea Griffith, Annette Desmarais, Ayla Fenton, Charlie Nixon, Colleen Ross, Coral Sproule, Dan, dixie morrison, Elizabeth Stocking, Eva Rehak, Graham Goff, Jennie Greven, Joan Brady, Kalissa Regier, Karen Pedersen, Nettie Wiebe, Reg Phelan, Rozanne Nevakshonoff, Terran Giacomini, Virginie Lavallee-Picard, nfu-inte...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Please share quickly within the NFU this opportunity to attend a training course for political educators, organized by the Brazil Landless workers movement (MST) from Oct. 26 to Dec. 12, 2015.

Any interested member should email me by Oct. 7 at : wa...@nfu.ca with short answers to the following questions:
 1/ Are you member of the NFU? Associate, farm or youth member?
2/ What is your Level of involvement with the NFU and La Via Campesina?
3/  Are you connected to political training or popular education tasks within the NFU or other groups you are involved with? Please provide some information about any prior experience with and knowledge of these themes.
4/ Do you have an appetite for study and the pursuit of knowledge?
5/ Are you open to live and learn from other cultures, other experiences and other people?
6/ Do you agree to report back on your experience by writing articles for the Union Farmer Quarterly or other publications, and/or presenting your learnings to the NFU membership?
7/ Are you available from March 23 to May 3, 2015?
8/ In addition to personal expenses, are you willing to cover related costs such as transportation to and from the airport, food at the airport, etc?
Sorry for the short deadline but visa application takes time to process!

Thanks!
Stephanie

From: Maria Aguiar <magui...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 8:18 PM
To: Nettie Wiebe <nettie...@usask.ca>, Eva Rehak <e...@fermealvafarm.com>, Coral Sproule <queenb...@gmail.com>, Grenville Farms <dankre...@hotmail.com>, Ayla Fenton <aylafe...@gmail.com>, Joan Brady <jbr...@hay.net>

  Dears all NFU folk...  I am writing at the request of  Cassia  from the MST's International  Relations Secretariat   to ask you  if you may possibly  have a candidate who would be interested in participating in the great opportunity offered by the MST  to  be part of the  2nd International TRaining  for political educators in ENGLISH.  See attached invitation letter and application from the MST.
  The MST is eager  to have a young person from Canada and from the NFU participate if at  all possible.  It is a big commitment of time ( 6 weeks)  and energy but  can also be a life changing experience.

For the first English  course ( in March 2015)  a young women from  a farm worker family in Florida Selena Zelaya,  was able to  take advantage of this training and it has had a huge impact on her and her commitment to the work of the  organization  Farmworkers Association of Florida  (FWAF) and La Via Campesina as well.    The FWAF , Selena and her  family  will be hosting an MST  leader in Florida with   who will work with the FWAF for 3 months in an ongoing  exchange process.

Please try and seriously consider this opportunity -  there is absolutely NO financial cost to the NFU to send someone as all the MST has secured  Bertha Foundation funding  to support all trainee costs -  including airfares, local travel, the training, and food and lodging.

I urge you all to  seriously consider  this and let Cassia and me know if you have any possible candidates from  the NFU.
I am open to  trying  to answer any questions that  you may have.

Thanks for  your consideration of this invitation,