Discuss about the libndef and QT dependency.

Jiapeng Li

Dec 20, 2013, 2:58:45 AM12/20/13
to nfc-too...@googlegroups.com
Now libndef is developed based on QT. It must be admitted that QT library is very powerful and helpful. Classes of QT like QByteArray, QTextCodec make
it easy to implement some functions of libndef. But in some application, we may expect to use a pure C/C++ library, when it is based on QT, then user must be familiar
with QT library first, if some one wouldn't like to use libndef with QT, then there will be problems.

So i think if we could develop a new ndef library which is  based on pure C or C++?

---
When discuss with Romuald,  he mentioned some challenges. List them here:

+ Pure C maybe unfit for NDEF, Object-Oriented Programming seems to be fit fine;
Qt does have functions to handle UTF16BE and NDEF need it, how deal with this?

Philippe Teuwen

Dec 20, 2013, 11:27:47 AM12/20/13
to nfc-too...@googlegroups.com

On 12/20/2013 08:58 AM, Jiapeng Li wrote:
> So i think if we could develop a new ndef library which is based on
> pure C or C++?

Writing it in pure C is probably quite challenging but it has the
advantage to be much more reusable than current C++/Qt
We could even imagine the lib could run on an Arduino.
But "would be nice" is not enough to start a new development IMHO if you
don't need it, unless you've plenty of free time ;-)

Phil

Victor Palacio

May 21, 2014, 2:36:30 AM5/21/14
to nfc-too...@googlegroups.com

I started modify libndef to use C++ without QT dependencies, since I'm planinng to use it on a embedded system with gtkmm instead of QT.

Is far from work nowadays. If I ever make it work, I'll post here to let you nosw.

Jiapeng Li

May 22, 2014, 1:11:54 AM5/22/14
to nfc-too...@googlegroups.com
It is very cool, if you need any help, please let me know.
> --

JiapengLi
Blog:jiapeng.me
GitHub: github.com/jiapengli