black bird looks like crow with white wing tips

chatty...@hotmail.com

May 23, 2014, 3:27:41 AM5/23/14
to nfb...@googlegroups.com
On may 22 ,my sister saw this bird that looked like a crow ,however when it flew away she said it had white wing tips, I saw the same type of bird on Pitts Memorial about a month age ,she saw it on mannings hill in torbay .could some one let me know what bird this is,its the same size as a crow black with white wing tips ,Thks Cathy

Alison Mews

May 23, 2014, 4:52:33 AM5/23/14
to nfb...@googlegroups.com
It most likely is a crow.  It is not uncommon for crows to have white in their wings.  For several years there was one near Kent's Pond that I often saw across the road on the College of the North Atlantic's lawn as I was driving along, although I haven't seen it of late. And there was one with large white patches that was striking in flight a few years ago in Mobile.

Alison Mews