###* "Cross-Dressing" Liberal votes Tory!!!! *###

MacArthur

Sep 20, 2007, 11:47:13 AM9/20/07
Simon Lono writes in his blog: "Looking out at the political and economic
landscape, I've reached the point now where it's time to put my name, time
and energy on the line. So I'm offering the people of St. John's North a
fresh choice." http://atlanticinteractive.ca/simon/issues.asp

That choice seems to be, to vote for a St. John's East Tory supporting
Liberal from Quidi Vidi district as your member for St. John's North.

Little wonder that The telegram editorial calls Lono a "political cross
dresser"! http://www.thetelegram.com/index.cfm?sid=63917&sc=80

"Voting in a competing party's nomination race, especially when you aren't
even eligible to vote in the district? It does speak to playing more than a
little fast and loose with process.

How Lola can you go? "

Little wonder that Ed Hollett is using gallons of virtual ink to
defend/support his protégé!
http://bondpapers.blogspot.com/2007/09/two-views-of-democracy.html

"There's nothing sinister about it, nor is there any implication of some
form of political gender confusion, whatever that is."

Little wonder Randy Simms gives Simon 10 minutes instead of the usual 4 to
babble incessantly about not being sure of what district in which he
resides!

"I like Simon, I really do, but I think he crossed the line on this one" or
words to that effect were uttered by an incredulous Randy after listening to
Lono's protestations.

What does Simon do for a encore; accompany Lorraine Michael door to door,
and endorse her as the best candidate in 'his' district?

Is this Gerry Reid's "New Liberalism"?

The choice is simple, Simon; pick a party, and stick with it!

--
Live strong and have a nice day, - "Nil carborundum illegitimi"!
Mac H E L P the planet - Don't I D L E ! ! !

Brenda

Sep 20, 2007, 12:54:43 PM9/20/07

"MacArthur" <MacAr...@Gmail.com> wrote in message

"a whole crew of Liberals, for example, could stack a Tory nominating
meeting not to choose the best candidate, but to help promote the weakest."

I've seen this happen and while some will argue that most supporters of the
opposing party have only the best intentions at these meetings, I tend to
disagree.

Ed Hollett

Sep 20, 2007, 1:06:04 PM9/20/07
Wow, Mac. Of all the issues out there you chose to slag Lono for
exercising his franchise in a nomination vote consistent with the
Progressive Conservative party policy of open nominations.

Have any of the PC candidates in the district for the nomination
uttered a single word of complaint about Lono or any of the others who
voted based on the old boundaries versus the new?

Interesting that you didn't give any quotes from the Western Star
editorial from last January - reprinted in my blog post - that
praised the open nomination process for encouraging grassroots
participation at all stages of the political process.

Interesting too that you didn't wonder who leaked the information to
the Telegram on who voted in a supposedly secret voting process.

As for Brenda's comment, there's no doubt people have alleged it
happened in the past. In that light it is odd that political parties
have decided for themselves to do away with the old way of doing
business so that the person with the most money to spend to could sign
up a raft of his supporters and take a nomination or go across the
street and do the same thing again so that he or she would have a
cakewalk at the polls.

Open nominations are designed to avoid that sort of "money-talks all"
type of politics. In this case there is absolutely not a single sign
of anything along lines suggested about nomination skewing.

Kirwin Nicholson

Sep 20, 2007, 1:45:53 PM9/20/07
"Ed Hollett" <horr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Wow, Mac. Of all the issues out there you chose to slag Lono for
> exercising his franchise in a nomination vote consistent with the
> Progressive Conservative party policy of open nominations.

I choose to draw attention to a 'seemingly politically smart' candidate who
doesn't know in which district he lives.

> Have any of the PC candidates in the district for the nomination
> uttered a single word of complaint about Lono or any of the others who
> voted based on the old boundaries versus the new?

No! Why would they?

> Interesting that you didn't give any quotes from the Western Star
> editorial from last January - reprinted in my blog post - that
> praised the open nomination process for encouraging grassroots
> participation at all stages of the political process.

Interesting that you didn't notice that I linked to your 'complete' blog
post!

> Interesting too that you didn't wonder who leaked the information to
> the Telegram on who voted in a supposedly secret voting process.

No! Why would I?

> As for Brenda's comment, there's no doubt people have alleged it
> happened in the past. In that light it is odd that political parties
> have decided for themselves to do away with the old way of doing
> business so that the person with the most money to spend to could sign
> up a raft of his supporters and take a nomination or go across the
> street and do the same thing again so that he or she would have a
> cakewalk at the polls.

I seriously doubt that one of the most hotly contested nominations in the
province could be stacked by an opposing party.

> Open nominations are designed to avoid that sort of "money-talks all"
> type of politics. In this case there is absolutely not a single sign
> of anything along lines suggested about nomination skewing.

I never suggested in my post that anything untoward had happened in regard
to skewing.

I pointed out the 'oddness' of a politically astute Liberal candidate from
the Quidi Vida district voting at the St. John's East Tory nomination
meeting, and subsequently running as the Liberal candidate in St. John's
North.

If Simon had explained that he was just supporting a friend and left it at
that, I probably wouldn't have drawn attention. But for a Liberal 'insider'
like Simon to try and convince us that he didn't know what district he is a
resident of . . .

Simon has the potential to be a good campaigner and a serious contender, but
instead he plays this sort of game, while at the same time linking his
campaign to I. P. Freely's Republican style negative ad site. If, as he has
stated on Openline, he wants to be part of a strong opposition; he'll have
to 'smarten up'.

Williams doesn't need any help to win with a landslide; but your friend
Simon's antics seem, to me at least, to be an asset to the 'Blue' team.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Wallace J.McLean

Sep 20, 2007, 3:13:58 PM9/20/07
"MacArthur" (MacAr...@Gmail.com) writes:

OK.... so for the past year or more, going back to the By-election Season last winter, there
was a never-ending barrage of Tory nomination contestants in all the open districts, phoning
in to the open line shows day after day after day, reminding people that their nomination
meetings are "open", that you don't have to be a PC member to vote in them, that NDP,
Liberals, or non-partisan people are welcome to exercise their God- and Danny-given right to
vote in another party's nomination.

And then the Tories make an issue of it when someone does?

Ed Hollett

Sep 20, 2007, 5:11:19 PM9/20/07
Mac, first of all let's establish why you chose this time to publish
under a pseudonym Kirwin Nicholson.

The identity looked a little supicious - it seemed to have been
created coincidentally with the election - and now we all know it was
a sock puppet you created for some reason.

Before you start criticising others, you might want to clean up your
own act.

MacArthur

Sep 20, 2007, 7:24:52 PM9/20/07
I happened to use Kirwin's PC to respond ;0)

Please note that the signature attached to the post is mine!!!

Sock puppet, indeed.

My feeling on the local/federal political scene are well known, and oft'
pronounced on this forum and others.

BTW: My act needs no cleaning, and 'I AM NOT' running to form 'a strong
opposition'.

--
Live strong and have a nice day, - "Nil carborundum illegitimi"!

Mac H E L P the planet - Don't I D L E ! ! !
Over 1600 Links at Http://MacArthur.Funknstyle.Com
Pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/macarthur
and http://www.flickr.com/photos/macarthur-ii/

"Ed Hollett" <horr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

MacArthur

Sep 20, 2007, 7:29:46 PM9/20/07
What Tories?

I was commenting on comments made by The Telegram, Ed Hollett, Simon Lono,
and Randy Simms.

I can't speak for the editor of The Telegram, but I would not call any of
the others Tory to their faces.

--
Live strong and have a nice day, - "Nil carborundum illegitimi"!

Mac H E L P the planet - Don't I D L E ! ! !
Over 1600 Links at Http://MacArthur.Funknstyle.Com
Pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/macarthur
and http://www.flickr.com/photos/macarthur-ii/

"Wallace J.McLean" <ag...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message

Ed Hollett

Sep 20, 2007, 7:48:26 PM9/20/07
Mac/Kirwin, that excuse is pretty lame.

Your views are well known? Which views attributed to which of your
numerous sock puppet identities?

Face it. Your act is busted.

No one can take you seriously again no matter what pseudonym you use.

We'll all just be wondering which name you'll use next or what other
names you've been using already.

MacArthur

Sep 20, 2007, 8:09:12 PM9/20/07
Ed,

There is no need to get nasty/horrid because I brought attention to your
friend's inconsistencies.

I wish him well!

He should have something positive at the end of the race; he is representing
himself in at least three ridings.

--
Live strong and have a nice day, - "Nil carborundum illegitimi"!

Mac H E L P the planet - Don't I D L E ! ! !
Over 1600 Links at Http://MacArthur.Funknstyle.Com
Pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/macarthur
and http://www.flickr.com/photos/macarthur-ii/

"Ed Hollett" <horr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ed Hollett

Sep 20, 2007, 8:15:30 PM9/20/07
There is nothing at all nasty in pointing out you have been obviously
posting under two different identities and have now slipped up rather
badly.

The question is why you felt it necessary to use two different
identities as if you were two different people.

How many other fake identities have you been using?

MacArthur

Ed Hollett

Sep 20, 2007, 8:23:23 PM9/20/07
roflmao.

It's just funny watching you score such a painful own goal.

Quick, switch to one of your other names and defend yourself.

MacArthur

Brenda

Sep 20, 2007, 8:36:17 PM9/20/07

"Ed Hollett" <horr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I hear he's goes by the name of "Big Mac" on nf.gayporn. *rolls eyes*

MacArthur

leafs

Sep 20, 2007, 10:55:59 PM9/20/07
On Sep 20, 10:23 pm, Ed Hollett <horri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> roflmao.
>
> It's just funny watching you score such a painful own goal.

Nearly as painful as watching the self described political genius
Simon Lono make such an idiotic move.

Ed Hollett

Sep 21, 2007, 6:30:02 AM9/21/07
Since when is voting stupid, leafs?

Ed Hollett

Sep 21, 2007, 6:31:27 AM9/21/07
or is leafs merely another one of Mac's sock puppet identities?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted