The Twillicks - 2022

Alvan Buckley

Apr 23, 2022, 12:17:48 PMApr 23
https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/bird-studies-canada/p2p/birdathon22/team/the-twillicks/

Hi everyone!

Megan, Vernon, Barry, Alex and I will be taking part in the 2022 Birdathon.

We are hoping for a big day covering the entire province with all of us in separate areas. Ideally we would do it on the same date but that is yet to be determined!

Donations to our Birdathon will go to support Nature NL, Bird Studies Canada and the Newfoundland Breeding Bird Atlas.

You can help us by making a donation on the fundraising page below. Previously people have donated to us per # of species we find so that is an extra incentive to find and see more on our big day!

Donations are eligible for a charitable tax credit. The link to our Birdathon is here:
https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/bird-studies-canada/p2p/birdathon22/team/the-twillicks/

Thank you,
- The Twillicks

Vernon Buckle

Jun 2, 2022, 4:34:48 PMJun 2
This is a follow up with more details.....

Alvan Buckley, Barry Day, Tina Randell, Alex Merrigan, Megan Boucher and Vernon Buckle are participating in the annual Team Twillicks bird-a-thon this weekend!
https://www.canadahelps.org/.../birda.../team/the-twillicks/
Team Twillicks supports both Nature NL and Birds Canada, and the NL Breeding Bird Atlas with their participation each year. Funds raised are used for bird and nature conservation efforts.
We are all birding separately but hoping for a big day. Alvan will be around St. John's while Tina will be checking out Corner Brook and areas. Alex will be exploring the Codroy Valley, while Barry will be around the Gander area. Megan will be exploring Sackville, NB and area while Vernon will be looking for birds in the Labrador Straits.
Thanks to everyone for your support and donations towards bird conservation!

Alvan Buckley

Jun 6, 2022, 1:26:40 PMJun 6
The 2022 Twillicks Birdathon is complete!
Check out our eBird Trip Report for the species list, etc:
https://ebird.org/tripreport/57006

So far we've raised $2556 for bird conservation in our province:
https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/bird-studies-canada/p2p/birdathon22/team/the-twillicks/

That's about $100 short of what we managed to raise last year. It isn't too late to donate ;)

A big thank you to everyone who supported us financially or through the many words of encouragement!

- The Twillicks