Pine Grosbeaks

Martin Berrigan

Oct 28, 2022, 7:50:37 PM10/28/22
Just as soon as you turn onto Freshwater Road just South outside Cappahayden you will see some Pine Grosbeaks,after many bike rides I started seeing them about ten days ago a group of five females,another day two bright males and three females,and you will always see one after making the turn onto Freshwater rd a little ways in.Seen a Goshawk flying thru the woods just South of the Renew's dump a day ago. Goldfinches and Junco's grouping up and they are everywhere now dominating the number you see of small bird's.Hopefully the clear skies,the Northerly winds get those off course birds making a move,I remember that the two Tree swallows that flew into Renews after the storm ate for a two days in good conditions and never to be seen again,that strong migration instinct surely made they're chances of survival very good,my dream is No wayward birds ever to be seen again by Dec 1st finger's crossed,hopefully the fall chill and strong winds get the lot going.Gerard